National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...s-is-not-the-time-to-go-to-the-grocery-store/

Dr. Deborah Birx said Saturday that Americans should especially focus on social distancing guidelines in the next two weeks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
“This is the moment to not be going to the grocery store, not going to the pharmacy, but doing everything you can to keep your family and your friends safe,” she said.

I'm going to stop eating and stop taking my meds(game changer).

· Registered
22,059 Posts
People who are constantly seen wearing expensive and tony neck scarves do not totally connect with me, regardless of how educated they may be. She means well, of course, but even in a "virus free world", she lives in a concierge filled world.

Dr. Birx is one of the saner and wiser voices in all this mess. But she also lives and exists on a higher plane.

· Registered
Navy Vet
2,882 Posts
She seems like a nice person, good scientist and all. I will go in a few weeks, have plenty of what I need, including powdered milk if I need it. “Senior” hours there from 6 to 7 am. Wear a mask. I’m 75, good health for that matter. I have enough of my meds for months, but the pharmacy has a drive through window and curb side pick-up if need be. Everyone has an opinion. Shouldn’t make it too tough, could be problems. I spent 18 months in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Boring as hell. I can do this and my chihuahua can too, for a very long time.

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been social distancing all my life. What bothers me is I can't go to the beach and drink coffee in the morning. That park is still open, I can got there and drink coffee, but it just ain't the same.

· Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to Walmart a bit ago. Small line when I pulled in, by the time I got there it was just me. Well stocked, except for TP, nothing there.I wore a bandana and gloves. Most others were naked, just a few were dressed up.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
Me and the wife have not leave our house in 3 weeks, she has gone out to pick up some medications via the drive by window of the pharmacy, then she sanitizes the package before opening it while wearing gloves. Our daughters has been ordering our foot via the internet from Amazon and Publix. When the food is delivered, the wife and me, using gloves opening all the packages OUTSIDE, then sanitize then and wash then before we bring it into the house.
My daughters have, for all intended purposes, put me in jail and trow away the keys, they get angry if I even suggest the idea of going somewhere.
Let us hope this pandemic dies soon. I getting bore!

Reactions: Stamps6

· Registered
6,726 Posts
i went to the dollar store yesterday......there were two people in there wearing bandanas....old west train robber style covering their nose and mouth.....

normally that might bring on a joke or a little humor in this modern age of n95 masks and surgical masks.....but since both of them were elderly spanish ladies it was obvious that they are scared and just working with what they got. And i will not make fun of them....especially since i had no cover myself.

are bandanas doing any good?......well, at least they will bring peace of mind a tad perhaps and any help is better than no help. it also sends a message to keep your distance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.