National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s going to take some getting used to and definitely some leather breakin to get them hanging right but I think I can handle it. It’s kind of like having a double shoulder holster on your waist.

If it works out, I’ll get some nicer ones. I didn’t want to spend a lot on something I didn’t know if I’d like.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Mike is right.
I have a double rig I made that has one reverse holster and one crossdraw holster for some Blackhawks. One with HPs and one with snakeshot. It is comfortable but they do get very heavy fairly quick when I walk the dog.
Not too bad just for the range though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I’ve been wearing them around the house like a *******, breaking in the leather. They are half way between two holes in the belt. I can get by with the one, just have to adjust every so often. The other is a little too tight . Belt is new. It’ll stretch.

Bought one of these from versacarry earlier for a 1911. Package deal on holster, belt and mag pouch. I mixed it up with the black belt and pouch with the holster shown. $80 said and done.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll mention that the order page asked for my pant size, not belt size. There’s a couple inches difference. I was going to order two, one for my oldest but I’m going to wait until this one comes in to make sure the belt isn’t too small. Next size down will fit him.

·
Live Free
3,756 Posts
It’s going to take some getting used to and definitely some leather breakin to get them hanging right but I think I can handle it. It’s kind of like having a double shoulder holster on your waist.

View attachment 124337

View attachment 124338

If it works out, I’ll get some nicer ones. I didn’t want to spend a lot on something I didn’t know if I’d like.
Some years back I carried a 4 5/8”, .45 Colt Blackhawk most everywhere I went, unless I was toting the 629. With an additional 12 rounds of ammo on the belt in a cross draw configuration that helped minimize banging a rifle or shotgun against the pistol in the field. That rig worked good, but it really was great to take it off at camp. It was heavy. Other than looks, I cannot imagine carrying two of them…the weight would be the pits! For me personally, I don’t have sufficient butt to hold the belt up carrying two without suspenders, which might make it more palatable putting the weight somewhat upon the shoulders. But, if it works for you, go for it! Looks cool…:cool:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
When I was shooting Cowboy Action I carried two 8 barreled New Model Army Remingtons with R&D conversion cylinders in .45 Colt one in a right hand strongside draw holster the other in a crossdraw holster. Each cartridge belt had 24 cartridge loops They were heavy to pack around at regular six stage local club matches. At regional matches that were all day often multiday affairs it was a real chore packing those hoglegs around all day.

Reactions: Philmo11
1 - 9 of 9 Posts