National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't use Hornady Critical Duty 9mm in xds!!!
I purchased these and it always gets stuck when I try to chamber one. I believe it's the combination of it being a tad shorter than other rounds and the rubber tip that causes this and it's the only thing that has made it do this. Please head the warning if you are carrying these for self defense and don't keep one chambered. 20150421_105332.jpg 20150421_105332.jpg r 20150421_105332.jpg 20150421_105332.jpg

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
I have the 45 acp version and I always seem to have trouble clambering a round by racking the slide. If you lock the slide back and insert the mag and then release the slide lock it will load and fire flawlessly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 45 acp version and I always seem to have trouble clambering a round by racking the slide. If you lock the slide back and insert the mag and then release the slide lock it will load and fire flawlessly.
I did notice that, and once chambered it does fire just fine. I think I'm just gonna stick with speer and federal for now just to be safe. I also think it's just the duty not the defense round not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Mine does that with several brands. So I just lock the slide back and release it. No problem anymore.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Critical duty is some awesome stuff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do love everything I've seen about this round, and not knocking Hornady it is very good ammo especially for the price. I guess the title kind of gives the the wrong impression and should say caution if using this round aimed more towards people that don't keep one chambered. My bad.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
I do love everything I've seen about this round, and not knocking Hornady it is very good ammo especially for the price. I guess the title kind of gives the the wrong impression and should say caution if using this round aimed more towards people that don't keep one chambered. My bad.
My opinion is any gun with a round not chambered is a Rock. But that is just my opinion.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I have the zombie ones, same thing but green stuff at the tip works great in the Sig

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
I have the zombie ones, same thing but green stuff at the tip works great in the Sig

Are those really guaranteed to stop a Zombie with one shot?
Is the green stuff really a special Zombie mixture?
My Sig is lusting for green.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I don't know, it says on the box "just in case" and i haven't encountered any so far, but i would guess one of those in the noggin would put them down :lol: I can officially tell you that the green stuff tastes like rubber LOL

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
:lol: I can officially tell you that the green stuff tastes like rubber LOL

Kobs DON"T EAT THE BULLETS!!!!!

Reactions: PrairieHunt

·
Registered
647 Posts
On a number of posts I've mentioned that Critical Duty is my ammo of choice for most of my hand guns and I've never had problems of any sort. However as much as I like Hornady it's pure urban legend that you can kill a zombie with a single shot. In my personal experience it almost always takes 2 or 3. Zombies are a lot tougher than most people think.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
"I can officially tell you that the green stuff tastes like rubber"

This is made me spew coffee everywhere! Thanks for the belly laugh. Great way to start anyday!!!

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
What!!!.... I had to know if it was some special mixture to kill zombies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts