National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glasses Sunglasses Collar Luggage and bags Bag

I bought a used Don Hume belt (B101) and holster (H216 NO. 74") from an antique store in Northfield, MN. I discover that it is missing a double-hook type brass buckle, which I'm trying to find on internet/Ebay.

My immediate question is based from the photo above, what is the purpose of the two brass hooks to the right of the brass stud in the photo? They don't fit any holes in the belt.

Any retired "Sheriff Buford's" in here have actual experience with this Hume belt and holster rig?

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Musical instrument Automotive tire Wood Bag Rectangle

Here is the style/type buckle that goes with the B101 belt. I need one in yellow (brass). The belt end, running thru the "keeper" loop covers the two hooks as depicted in the OP photo.

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm beginning to think the twin flat hooks are there as "stand-offs" to create a slight enough bulge or rise in the belt to allow the buckles hooks to engage and disengage from their respective belt holes. The hooks may also serve as "quick connect/disconnect" to the buckle center post which is hidden behind the belt in this photo and all others I've viewed, thus far(?).

Natural material Rectangle Body jewelry Material property Cable

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
Do they maybe hook on the back side of the center part of the buckle?

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The hooks may also serve as "quick connect/disconnect" to the buckle center post (?)".

Some photo's suggest just that. Being a heavy duty LEO belt that could carry a lot of gear, I think the hooks are there for quick hook-up or release of the belt so as to not be bothered with the normal movements and time we use for "buckling and unbuckling" of other normal belts.

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
Missed you saying that, lol

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Telephoned Don Hume Company today and talked to a nice receptionist/customer support lady. Asked about buckle availability. She said she would check on availability and pricing. She also stated that another caller had contacted her desk this morning inquiring about purchasing "twenty-five" (25) of the very same brass buckles!

I had submitted a "contact form" from the site home page and stated my inquiry. The Receptionist noted my e-mailed form and says she'll contact me tomorrow.

Well, it is some small bit of progress ............

Musical instrument accessory Strap Auto part Font Composite material

THAT is what the buckle looks like. The belt flared leather end brass hooks do engage the buckle center bar.

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received an e-mail response from Don Hume that a new buckle is $7.50 plus shipping. All I need to do is call them and place the order. I'm in business!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts