National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were in a box of mostly M1 Garand ammo and clips. There's nothing about them that fits a Garand or 30-06.

Alan

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
M-16 stripperclip with magazine guide.

Also made to fit M-14 magazines.

It could be for M1 .30 carbine magazines.

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
M16 stripper clip. They come loaded from the factory and clip onto the mag and by pushing on the top it feeds 10 rounds into a mag for faster magazine reloads.

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That would explain the tabs on the stripper clip that is bent out of the way. I don't suppose they were made to be reused.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had seen the loaded clips before but never the magazine guide. I always wondered how the clips were used. The box probably had 20 of them all attached to mag guides. I guess they could come in handy for charging mags. I usually use one of those mag loader Maglula Gen II Magazine Loader.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
The end that fits on the mag is sometimes called a spoon. Doesn't look like any of the ones i have or seen that fit AR style so it may be for something else?

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried it on an AR mag. Didn't come closer to fitting. Too narrow. I have 1 actual M16 mag somewhere but I can't put my hands on it this afternoon.

I slid a 5.56 case into the stripper clip and it was extremely tight. I don't think a guy could easily slide ten of them out of the clip into a mag.

I don't have an AK or any mags to try it on.

Alan

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
Its for a M1 .30 Carbine.

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't tried to charge a mag with it yet but it appears it will work. I haven't shoot my M1 Carbines in a while. Maybe it's time to change that.

Alan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts