National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Do you have any further information and photo's such as markings on the rifle? At this point I believe it to be a reproduction of a Kentucky style rifle made during the 60's-70's.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm thinking one of the early CVA Kentucky repro's or one of the Spanish made repro's imported by EMF company back in the 60's-70's.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
^^^^ What Stamps said. It's a modern reproduction cap and ball rifle kit gun that doesn't look like was finished.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Spain is where many black powder reproductions are made. I think the reproductions started being made in mass quantities during the 70's and are still being made by numerous companies. it's a big market and lots of people buy, shoot even hunt with them. Most are inexpensive(under $500) and many are in the $200-300 range new. It's much more feasible to spend a little money on a rifle or pistol to shoot than spending a thousand or many thousands to shoot an original and risk damaging it.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Black powder season seems a little less crazy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think I had the twin to this one in the 70's. Two piece stock, hardest piece of wood I've ever encountered on a gunstock.
IIRC mine had rifling that looked like it was done by rabid beavers. The triggerguard and buttplate looked sandcast.
Looks like this one got inletted and assembled to the point where it was usable, but the final sanding and finishing of metal and
stock never happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts