National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how many of you might openly discuss topics concerning firearms. Are you more discreet around certain people or in public? Are you more open with other gun buddies than you would be with people whom you don't know? How does our surrounding culture determine how you talk about our most precious right and hobby?
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ill talk with any one who is interested. and ill do it in public.

i frequently debate the 2nd amendmant with hippies in bars.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the time. Course, my family and friends are all like minded, so no problem. :--- :--- :-B-: :-B-:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rarely do around my customers, until I find out their thoughts on the matter.

I was at one customer location and the conversation came up. Come to find out, just about every one of them had a gun. They all had knives. So we all start fondling each others pistols, and talking firearms... when I notice the owner walking up. Oh boy, he wanted to see what everybody had, and asked me a few questions about mine.

There he was seeing the guns his employees carried on the job, the pistol his vendor rep carries, and he didn't think twice about it, or say anything about it. Frankly, that was just TOO KEWL!!!
 

·
Old School.
Joined
·
11,011 Posts
We are all like minded that is family and friends and we talk openly. Now if they are a stranger I will let them start before I say anything. If someone ask me a direct question they will get a direct answer. I don't push my beliefs on nobody but I don't back down when someone ask. Just me the way I do it and needless to say I am to to popular with liberals. :)



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,633 Posts
I have no problem discussing guns with anyone. Dealing with anti's does gets on my nerves. They end up all screechy and emotional when they realize they are losing the debate. Yes they do make me nuts, but it is great fun pulling their chains. Anyone comes to me with a serious - legitimate question, will get an answer. There is one gun question that I general will not engage in: "Do you know how to make my AR15/AK or what ever full auto?" My answer is simple, "Yes I do. And no, I will not tell you."
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Living here in Kalifornia, the subject rarely comes up. Was pleasently suprized the other day when purchacing my bear tag, the clerk comented on the apperence of this years CA hunting license ( has a retro look, centenial 1907-2007 ) and we got to talking about dealing with the downed game..the day before, I went to pick up ammo that I had to order, there is one place that sells ammo where I live on the Mendocino Coast, so when the clerk there asked what the raincheck was for, it seemed as though the other customers in the store all backed up a few steps when I said "two boxes of Federal Premium ammunition", a typical reaction around here
 

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
No problem discussing firearms if the topic comes up. I will not bring it up in casual conversation. Not many people familiar with topic where I work - downtown Chicago.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
leeindy said:
ill talk with any one who is interested. and ill do it in public.

i frequently debate the 2nd amendmant with hippies in bars.
+1....I'll talk about it with anyone who will listen....
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can usually talk openly since I live in the "Bubba Belt" of SE GA where the rite of passage is a 4WD truck with a dog box in the bed.
One of my good friends is an avid turkey hunter. We attend the same church.
One morning our priest, an avid fisherman was talking about the previous day's catch. My buddy bragged about the big gobbler he bagged. He got an icy stare and the beginning of a lecture on the pain the turkey must feel at being shot. I jumped right in there and asked "how do your fish feel as they flop around in your cooler, taking several minutes to suffocate?" The conversation came to a scretching halt. There was no comeback.

Other people sometimes ask me how I can stand to shoot an animal like a deer. I reply, you don't worry about the execution method for the cows and hogs that eventually wind up on your dinner table, do you? If I get a lot of crap I describe the trip hammer that crushes their skulls in the packing plant. That always shuts them up.
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll talk to anyone about guns, but I'll only talk to the people I know very well about the guns I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,633 Posts
whompuss said:
Other people sometimes ask me how I can stand to shoot an animal like a deer. I reply, you don't worry about the execution method for the cows and hogs that eventually wind up on your dinner table, do you? If I get a lot of crap I describe the trip hammer that crushes their skulls in the packing plant. That always shuts them up.

I usually just ask them, "If God didn't want us to kill and eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?"
 

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
Travis said:
I only say when others say. Keeps me out of trouble. :-B-:
Is that like "speak when spoken too" ;)
Knowing your audience is critical when discussing firearms. This is one topic that people who do not have a clue (anti-gun) jump right in so they can look righteous and make you look simple and small. It usually ends up with them shouting because of their belief that the louder you argue the more chance you have of being right...... :roll:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
leeindy said:
ill talk with any one who is interested. and ill do it in public.

i frequently debate the 2nd amendmant with hippies in bars.
+1....I'll talk about it with anyone who will listen....

bat1159man said:
Gunny the Gun said:
Travis said:
I only say when others say. Keeps me out of trouble. :-B-:
Is that like "speak when spoken too" ;)
Knowing your audience is critical when discussing firearms. This is one topic that people who do not have a clue (anti-gun) jump right in so they can look righteous and make you look simple and small. It usually ends up with them shouting because of their belief that the louder you argue the more chance you have of being right...... :roll:
to me, that doesn't qualify as LISTENING so I avoid situations like this

a wise man once told me never argue with a fool
because from a distance people can't tell who is who........
 

·
Harley Dude
Joined
·
14,651 Posts
I am often surprised how many people are getting into the concealed carry routine. Where I work the employer is anti-gun to the max, but employees talk about gun ownership in the break room often. Lots of young folks and I think that is very nice to see.

The young of this land will decide about second amendment rights in the next 50 years.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top