National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, does anyone give a name to their guns? Does anyone else put a sex (male or female of course) on their guns? If so, what are they, and how did you come up with it?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I had one that I named "Cheap Azz" since it was only about $150 and would jam constantly.

It nailed my thumb one too many times with its slide and I dumped it for a song!

My big ole Ruger Bisley SS 45 LC I named "LongColt!" Its a fine weapon with a nice sound when you touch off a round.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I don't have names for mine, but they talk to me.

G

·
I sleep with my favorite and she whispers in my ear "sleep tight, gotcha back." (cal .45)
I also got a cheap azz Jennings-Bryco .380. She's named paperweight. Damn good paperweight. Wouldn't dare to shoot the thing.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Yeah I named all our guns, they are all called "Mine"
well, except for a foreign gun that was left at our house
a few months ago....that one I just call UGLY.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I named my Remington LTR Sniper Rifle 'Bobbi Lea'. Since I would have to sit there holding that thing and being snuggled up to it for hours during sniper training, thought it should have a pretty southern girl's name. We didn't go any further together than that though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have named many of my black powder muzzleloading rifles and pistols. This was a common practice among the early frontiersmen and it just kind of adds a bit of old time flavor to the sport.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Nope

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Hell yeah! And they're all female.............. :mrgreen:

Beretta Jetfire is Carmela
CZ P-01 is Olga
GP100 is Sadie
Mossberg .22LR is Jesse
Mossberg 12ga is Delilah

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
SheNine said:
Hell yeah! And they're all female.............. :mrgreen:

Beretta Jetfire is Carmela
CZ P-01 is Olga
GP100 is Sadie
Mossberg .22LR is Jesse
Mossberg 12ga is Delilah

"Olga!" Ah............Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Is that because that pistol massages your hand so well. Susie, Samatha, Lilia, Mary, Cindy, Dolly, anything but Olga! ;)

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
LMAO!!!! Actually, she's Czech so I wanted an name that reflected her heritage...... Olga is a strong, mean name!

Btw.... Hubby hates the name, too! :mrgreen:

G

·
My AR15-Elvis- cause it rocks and rolls-- :--- 1911-G.I. Joe ---Ruger Suoerredhawk .44 Mag is Big Bertha -I --Ruger MkII is little popper

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Just one. I named my 1911 chambered in 400 Corbon "Wynonna". You have to be a fan of Farscape to understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts