National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean a fav for carry, a fav. for plinking, or a fav. for hunting. I have many but still I have my favorites. My favorite plinking handguns are my single action Colts and Rugers, favorite plinking rifles are too numerous to go through and change often but include my lever guns, my Garand and my AR15. Favorite hunting rifle is my old Remington 700 BDL 30.06 even though I have newer and more expensive rifles. Favorite just fun to shoot are my Thompson .45acp and my .35 Remington. To carry Mostly my XD .45acp sometimes I still carry a 1911. :--- :--- :--- :---

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For carry and shooting, a glock 26 with ported competition barrel.
For plinking, my new model Ruger Super Single 6 in .22/.22mag
For in my console when a little extra is needed, Colt .45 Compact
Rifle. Colt Hbar .223
Shotgun: too old and arthritic to hunt, Remington 1100 back when- home defense is a Mossberg LE tricked out by AimPro loaded w/ #4 buck.
If I can have only one- period- Taurus "The Judge" first 2 loaded with #4 shot, last 3 with CorBon 200 grain JHP.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
[attachment=0:c50e1]m2hb-s.jpg[/attachment:c50e1]

Need I say more? :--- :twisted:

This is by far and away my most favorite weapon I have ever shot. My M1911 A1 and XD are not far behind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bat1159man said:
[attachment=0:38a21]m2hb-s.jpg[/attachment:38a21]

Need I say more? :--- :twisted:

This is by far and away my most favorite weapon I have ever shot. My M1911 A1 and XD are not far behind.
WOW, I guess so.............. :--- :--- :---

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mine would have to be my AR as well. It was the first rifle I bought when I turned 18. I hope to have a new favorite come next year cough**Masada**cough. :D

-Derek

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Its a toss up, I have an inexpensive Kimber Custome Compact with hogue grips that I shoot well and am comfortable with. I also have a Kimber Gold Match full size SS that is a tackdriver and its the pistol I shoot at the range. I love them both.

I don't own any of the evil "Black" rifles! But I would love to have a real nice AK!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sig232 said:
I don't own any of the evil "Black" rifles! But I would love to have a real nice AK!
Do youself a favor, go to the gunshop pick up 1 Ak and 1 AR, bring them home and thank gunny in the morning ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Do youself a favor, go to the gunshop pick up 1 Ak and 1 AR, bring them home and thank gunny in the morning ;)

Ha!Ha! I have never shot a AR but understand they are very accurate! I trained on the ole M-1 in the military and I do have a Ruger mini-14 and a case of wolf 223.

I have no problem with "Black Rifles" and think its funny that folks tag them as "Assualt Rifles", what a joke. They are semi-autos just like a good portion of the hunting rifles and 22 plinkers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you live in Arizona I would gladly meet you at the range and let you try out an AR15. :) They pretty much sell themselves. ;)

-Derek

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
My very favorite gun is my Ruger KP89DC. There is just something about it that I like. :D

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
xjedix said:
If you live in Arizona I would gladly meet you at the range and let you try out an AR15. :) They pretty much sell themselves. ;)

-Derek
Thanks Derek. I live in Oregon but if I get down that way I will take you up on that offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ruger SuperRedhawk 7.5 inch .44mag
tucks into a shoulder holster,
cleans up easily after a swim,
Alaskans worry it won't kill a brownie,
so we loaded up some 320 grain by the book
(they shoot nicely, too)
and with Grannie behind me with her .450 marlin
(don't piss that old girl off)
we shall see