National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walk around looking for the guy that looks very stressed out and needs some cash quick.... :D :-B-:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Baldy said:
I like it when there's about three or four big vendors there. I price one against the other until I feel I got the deal as low as I can get it and then I buy. :)
Same here, I'll usually walk the whole show then go buy at the cheapest vendor.

-Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find the really young guy that does not have a clue of value and take him to the cleaners :cool: .
Some people call that "underhanded" I call it good business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
work the permiter first and fast. mark down good buys on a note book. hit the isles next watch for good deals on bulk ammo. get there early the first day. and late the second day.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Im going to take in consideration here what leeindy said. You starten gettin good deals on the second day.... They want there inventory gone.... Whatever it takes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dress kinda shabby and wear a dirty hat.

Carry different amounts of money in different pockets.

DO NOT fall in love with a particular firearm.

If you don't get the deal you want, come back to the guy the next day.

Only go back once.

Never pay more than you have already decided to.

Never argue.

Doug

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
If I wanna buy something, I get there at opening on the first day - throughout the day - people paw stuff and guns get scratched up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get there when they open on Saturday and see if there are any real deals. If so I buy the deal then before someone else gets it. I take note of other items I want & price.

Sunday afternoon I return to what I wanted Saturday AM, sometimes the price is already marked down, if not I make a low offer, often the vendor will accept or come close. It's it's already sold when I go back, so be it- there's always another one.

Collecting and shooting is a passion but buying and selling is a business. If you don't treat it as a business you will get shafted.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
I have only been to a few but the first one taught me a valuable lesson. Keep my wife at home so I do not have to listen to the "why do you..." on the way home. :evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bat1159man said:
I have only been to a few but the first one taught me a valuable lesson. Keep my wife at home so I do not have to listen to the "why do you..." on the way home. :evil:

they never understand.... its a guy thing

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
We did the gun show circuit in NM, southern CO and El Paso, TX. for about four yrs. as exhibitors. We sold ammo, reloading supplies and firearms. Haven't done them for several yrs. but love to go to a good gun show. Unfortunately we have to settle for the Albuquerque Gun Show.

To me, a gun show has two purposes:
(1) They are my "garage sales". I love finding the rare, the old, the used but taken care of. I get a lot of reloading supplies from the shows and save a bundle doing so. There are still $5.00 boxes of premium bullets and $5.00 cans of powder.

(2) They are my bargain-basement. A $325.00 brand-new G27 with 3 mags. A $200.00 Husqvarna .243 with a walnut stock like you'd see on a $2K rifle. Can't forget my $500.00 Python, or my $260.00 S&W Mod 27 3½", either.

I like to be first in the door to find the quick bargains and I like to return late in the afternoon of closing day. When my Hunny goes with me, we will usually do a walk-through together, decide what we want, then divide and conquer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i havent purchased from a gun show in forever. if i see what i want. i look at the local guys and see if i can get it for a lower price from them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts