National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
330 Posts
There’s no way I’d carry at home.

- How bad does it have to be you can’t enjoy relaxing at home? Move. Buy a dog. Something.

- if i were REALLY concerned about an intruder I sure wouldn’t shoot a little pistol and risk missing

- which leads me to a shotgun is more effective.

- holsters are like bra’s for women. The second you hit the door it comes off.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i am relaxed at home.......its just that i have pocket carried for so many years that carrying a gun for me is no different than to another person carrying a wallet or wearing a watch or their cell phone......its just simply always there in the pocket and a permanent fixture in everyday life.....at home or in public......

Reactions: RMLamp

·
AZHerper
3,853 Posts
No. Around home, I don't have anything to worry about except my wife and, if I pulled a gun on her, she'd beat me to the draw! :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yes, I normally carry in my house because home invasions are on the rise and bad guys rarely make appointments with victims. My guns are on my person, in a safe or have the an Identilock installed, I can't leave guns staged because of kids.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Never have , never will; I prefer to not live in an area where that is necessary; and I have lived in many states and neighborhoods. If you haven't devised other things, like better locks, lighting, dogs, thorny bushes, gates and fencing, etc. then as they say "your tactics suck"

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I have guns strategically placed at my work stations, when I work outside I do carry on my person.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I carry at my single action so I can get used to the weight of having it hang off my hip but that's about it. I do have a snuby .38 that I CC whenever I go out in addition to my SA.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't.. I say that because I have put reasonable safeguards in place to effectively detect and slow down a home invader. They are not going to suddenly appear in my home to threaten me. At least not before I can casually walk into the study and arm myself with a handgun which is kept in the top drawer of the computer desk. It is the same gun that goes into the nightstand when I retire for the evening and its the same gun that I wear when out in public. As a matter of routine, I remove my gun as soon as I get home. I have spent enough time being "on" and I simply refuse to maintain that mental zone when I am at home, I just don't want to live that way. So many people can arm themselves and totally forget they even have a gun. I am not one of those people, as every moment I am armed; I am keenly aware of that status and have the sentinels mindset fully operational. If I truly want to relax, I need to disarm.. kick off my boots and put on some house shoes. That is exactly what I do.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
330 Posts
Best purchase i ever made was the RING floodlight camera system. The 360 degree motion sensor can be set to trigger 500 feet out when a cat walks by or to only trigger for humans. Night vision, siren command to scare intruders, everyone in the house can watch live and access the camera with any phone or ipad, and the community integration with all your neighbors Is awesome. You can see when a neighbor has an intruder and they release their video so you always know when someone a street over is heading your way...... and you know what they look like.

It’s genuinely the most amazing security device I’ve ever owned. I get alerts when I’m 50 miles away and can look in and out of My house, turn the speaker and mic on and communicate with anyone in my driveway, search my yard with night vision at 3am or trigger the lights on command.

The floodlight cam is $279 at Home Depot, but you’ll never say it wasn’t worth it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Yeah, things are really hot in Minnesota right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I carry at home. Home invasions and riots are real! No kids anymore at 72! My wife also has a gun close. We have a good watch dog!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Live Free
2,997 Posts
Yesterday some close friends shared about their daughter and her husband getting robbed at gunpoint in their own home in Denver a week ago. Everyone needs to consider the environment where they live. Nowadays the environment in most cities is pretty toxic; might lend to keeping a gun at hand even if not carrying at home. This really comes right back to situational awareness which is not always just your immediate situation or immediate surroundings.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts