National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I am an Urban dweller, but am about 10 min from the country. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a leave me alone rural person,but unlike many other rural people I get off my butt and VOTE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rural- bout 5 miles outta town. Town's only 8000 or so, damn near rural if you do live in town.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Rural...always and forever! Had 8 people in my graduating class...less than 1000 people live in the whole county.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definately Rural...... Here are some photo's of my property. It is zoned agriculture and I have about 11 acres. I'm about 2 miles out of town, pop. around 2500.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Damn Sarge, that is nice! I miss the country, grew up on a farm and couldn't get off it fast enough. Now since I am retired I long for the solitude!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right now I'm rural and I like how most everyone leaves me alone, but don't like how Walmart is pretty much the only place to shop and all the wanna be gangster kids here. I've lived in urban cities and like the convenience of being able to go to more than just walmart for guns and supplies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Sig and SheNine. We really love our place and we are continually trying to improve it. Someday I want my whole place to be prettier than any state park.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Beautiful place, Sarge!! Man, you can surely go out and shoot there!!! I'm jealous because I have to drive way out to my son-in-law's place if I want to shoot. Wow!! :mrgreen: -I

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Physically urban. Mentally rural. So I live at the far edge of a suburban community, a few miles from a larger city, but one block from the desert.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lanber said:
Beautiful place, Sarge!! Man, you can surely go out and shoot there!!! I'm jealous because I have to drive way out to my son-in-law's place if I want to shoot. Wow!! :mrgreen: -I

Yep and Thanks, all I got to do is walk outside. It's great. My closest neighbor is a retired state trooper who was also one of the states snipers. His son who is in the Army is a gun nut also. The folks in town can hear us shooting and have often asked the neighbor if we've got WW III going on out here. :lol: It's pretty nice because this keeps people from nosing around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Urban (well, suburban, anyway). I prefer living close to a city, since there are lots of things I like to do in Phoenix. I'd hate to have to drive four hours just to go to a pro ball game, a concert or a really good restaurant. Where I live in AZ, I can walk to a bunch of good places. I don't mind a little drive to shoot or camp. And the jobs in and around cities typically pay better, too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts