National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here ever carry their gun without a holster, under what circumstances?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I only carry one firearm, I carry my TomCat or my FireStar in my back pocket.

Why not ??

Doug

·
Registered
341 Posts
Goldfinger said:
I carry my Taurus Millenium and my Beretta Tomcat in my back pocket without a holster. Don't need a holster. Tried carrying a big Ruger P91DC back in the 90s' in a Mexican carry fashion until I was in a small quickie mart and while my arms were full of groceries I felt that big 40 cal sliding down my pants leg. Panic time. I must have looked like I was stealing a frozen chicken, or having a full-on body spasm the way I was trying to keep the gun from hitting the floor and not drop my soon-to-be purchases. Live and learn.
Too funny, I've been in that situation. I often wear basketball shorts and put my XD in the waistband. I was at walmart one time and had stuff in both hands, all the sudden I felt my holster start slipping out of my waistband. I had to walk to the nearest shelf drop my stuff and adjust the holster without being obvious about it. Not a comfortable situation to say the least.

-Derek

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can understand carrying a little gun in a pocket.... But I know some people tend to carry them BIG guns....

I just dont see it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I don't know what your refer to as a big gun, my .45 is a compact.
I want something with enough hitting power that it can discourage an attack or kill outright when I shoot.
Anything less in my opinion is just not self defense.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
keninaz said:
I don't know what your refer to as a big gun, my .45 is a compact.
I want something with enough hitting power that it can discourage an attack or kill outright when I shoot.
Anything less in my opinion is just not self defense.

What you say makes good horse sense!

I have never had a serious problem with bad guns, never had to pull my gun in fear of my life. I don't hang around dangerous parts of the city, so I carry a small Kel-tec 380 most of the time. If I am in the woods hiking or going into an area that I suspect may be dangerous I will pack a 45 acp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts