National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clean my weapons EVERY time I shoot them. To me its just taking care of my guns. When do you usually clean your guns?

G

·
it reallly depends on how much i use the weapon. my ar i clean about every 1000 rounds just cause. and my competition guns i clean just before every comp so i know there clean and the tirggers are good and smooth. as far as my carry gun goes i generaly clean it about every month when i swap out my carry ammo. i like to clean it and then run the old ammo threw it just to make sure it functions and i get to shoot full power ammo once in awhile. sometimes i clean it if ive gotten it dirty with out a live fire function check but i use it a the range just to keep my finger in practice.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I shoot it, I clean it. Got two of them to clean tonight after I relax a bit. :D

G

·
I clean my Glocks every six months whether they need it or not. I clean my KelTecs slightly more often. I clean my 870 maybe once a year, my M4gery and Scout about quarterly. I don't remember the last time I cleaned my .22 rifle.

My Buckmark .22 pistol just sits in the safe; it's clean but I never shoot it. It'll be for sale in October. My Commander never gets shot either, but it's not for sale.

I wipe 'em all down to keep them from rusting, though that's not much of a problem in dry Arizona.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I clean my guns after each shooting session and when I'm bored. Yesterday was probably the sickest I ever felt in my life and in a funny way, the smell of gun oil actually made me feel a little better. I think it's fun to clean my guns. However, when I used to have my cap and ball revolver, I hated cleaning that thing. It was so dirty all the time.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
I will clean my handgun after every trip to the range which is only once or twice a month. My shotgun which gets more use in the fall/winter seasons is cleaned after every use. Usually, every four to six weeks in the off season I will pull it out to inspect and operate the action.

G

·
alot of times ill get board and just grab something out of the safe and clean it.

i should prolly do the dishes instead but thats no fun

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
leeindy said:
alot of times ill get board and just grab something out of the safe and clean it.

i should prolly do the dishes instead but thats no fun
+1 I cannot agree more but the wife does not seem to apreciate the sentiment. :lol:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Depends on what time I get home and how tired I am...usually the next day at the latest tho.

·
Registered
569 Posts
slugger6 said:
Baldy said:
I clean my guns after every trip to the range. Maybe not that night but the next day for sure.
+1...I do the same.
What conflict did you receive your Purple Heart?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts