National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is more suited to the U/O SBS crew but do you prefer the Classic engraved look or the more New school Plain style receiver? Id rather have a plain flat look i.e Ruger Red Label!!! Whats your Call? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'm a traditionalist exxit. i love engraved recievers. the old style sxs ' s had lots of it . the ithaca lewis i'm working on now has a ton. when i get finnished , if i ever do i'm going to post some pics, if my daughter give me a how to.the james a purdy guns even have extensive engraving on the barrels.pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beautiful example of what an o/u should be. my info tells me, gun digest book of values, that the red label was intoduced in 1977. i would have bet it was before that. oh well, its still going strong as ever today, even in synthetic stock and forend. you only have to take one look to see why it's still in production. great balance and swings very smoothly. graet piece of work from ruger. pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said this one is more for the Sporting Gun Crew. Its not one of mine but ,This Is Ones For U pblsyd! ;) I think its a Rizzini.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts