National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever bought a gun at a gun shop where with the gun that you're getting the display is the last one they've got so you end up buying the display? Do you get a discount? Im all fine and good with buying the display if its a gun I want and its the last one they've got but from my experience you don't get a discount, at least not where I buy guns. Should gun shops have discounts if the display is the last one? Would you buy the display and pay the full amount?

·
Jesus Saves
8,000 Posts
That has happened to me and when I asked for a discount it was denied, with a smirky kinda smile.

·
Super Moderator
14,529 Posts
Unless it has been damaged in some way from handling, I doubt that a discount will be afforded over what would ordinarily be given. Prices in a gun shop are more negotiable than in a big chain but they know what they have to get for it to stay in business. I have seen Academy sell displays or even NIB guns they were trying to move at a discount. They are usually NOT the higher end of the quality spectrum firearms.

Alan

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,897 Posts
Also given the current 2A climate no one is discounting anything. In many cases used guns are selling at retail value of new guns.

·
Registered
983 Posts
My worry with display models is people do things with them, which I defy them to even dream about doing, to their pistols at home. No, just do it to the store display model, and leave it. Slamming the cylinder shut, with a single-handed flick of the wrist, like they see in Mannix re-runs, dry firing, dropping. If I'm considering a DA revolver, I inspect that cylinder and crane, very closely, for a tight fit and solid lock-up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My last purchase was a display model and I paid full price.
I was glad to find a Canik TP9 SFx for $489, with all of the normal accessories that come with it.

·
Aim true !
11,331 Posts
My savage 17HMR. Was a display model at walmart. It was on clearance for 167.00.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Most of the places i shop at the display models are what you are buying, they don't have a rack full of the same gun in the back. Maybe on some real popular new guns they might have another and in some vary rare instances 2 others.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well talking about display discounts, I did once get about a $200 dollar discount on a rifle because it had been used as a demonstration rifle and thus was considered used so it was sold to me at a used price. The rifle had been a demonstration rifle so it more or less was only used as a display and maybe fired just a couple of times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts