National Gun Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,950 Posts
A 4 inch would be nice. It's not much longer than my Walther PK 380. And the SW 380EZ.

I want one of these. After things calm down.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My neighbor is foaming at the mouth for one. I can wait. $800 is a bit steep for a 380. I’m still interested in creating a full sized version of that. Just haven’t found the right combination of parts.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Ok.. sooo.. never figured out what the pop was unless it was a bind. However, whatever happened, the spring was no longer strong enough to fully reset the drum when I lower the shell plate. The clamp at the top was lower than it is now so it’s possible it slipped but it was tight.

Yes, I cleaned it well. Applied grease to all the joints in the actuation arm joints. Still didn’t have the strength (or elasticity) to reset the drum. So that explains the 1.0gr and 1.7gr loads. Craziest damn thing.

I fixed it but required me to get a longer bolt and anchor the spring to a bolt further away.

What it looks like now.

It used to be attached in the bolt hole directly below the top spring anchor, like this.

I checked no less that 30rds. All throwing exactly 2.9gr.

I ordered an RCBS bullet puller die. Tired of using the kinetic puller. I have the first run set aside until that comes in, then I’ll pull them and rerun them.

·
Aim true !
11,950 Posts
Good to see you have it figured out. Yeah the kinectic pullers can get to be old. Some of my shell holders are wearing down for my pullers.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
One needs to think about some of the really cheap and poorly made .380 pistols that are still around and what ammunition might cause the whole caboodle to come unglued with a more modern round or loading.
As with any cartridge, start at the low end and work up until you start seeing signs of pressure effects.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
One needs to think about some of the really cheap and poorly made .380 pistols that are still around and what ammunition might cause the whole caboodle to come unglued with a more modern round or loading.
As with any cartridge, start at the low end and work up until you start seeing signs of pressure effects.
Appreciate the comments. I don’t buy used guns as a general rule so old models won’t have an impact there. I am definitely taking into consideration the sharp pressure curve with this powder.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts