National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/dicks-sporting-goods-pulling-hunting-gear-440-stores

Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced plans to remove the hunting departments from “approximately” 440 additional locations, following a similar — albeit much smaller — effort last year.

In a press release issued Tuesday along with the company’s fourth-quarter earnings report, Dick’s confirmed that it would be removing the hunting departments sometime “in fiscal 2020,” though there was no specific time frame announced.

Dick’s also declined to say which stores, in particular, would be affected.

On March 11, Dick’s confirmed that it would be removing the hunting departments sometime “in fiscal 2020,” though there was no specific time frame announced. (iStock)

The company had previously removed guns and ammunition from 125 of its locations roughly one year ago, after Dick’s first announced it would no longer be selling assault-style weapons — at any of its locations — in the wake of the tragic Parkland school shooting.

The stores also raised the age requirement for gun purchases to 21.

At the time, gun and ammunition manufacturers including O.F. Mossberg and Sons, Inc., and MKS Supply, announced they would no longer be doing business with Dick’s.

These moves apparently had little effect on the company’s sales, however, as Dick’s chairman and CEO reported “strong fourth quarter results” in the latest earnings report, as well as “growth across each of our three primary categories of hardlines, apparel and footwear.”

The company’s shares also jumped 12.2 percent in Tuesday premarket trading, Fox Business reported.

"During 2019, we made meaningful changes across our business, which fueled our strongest annual comp sales gain since 2012 and a 14-percent increase in non-GAAP earnings per diluted share over 2018,” said Dick’s chairman and CEO Edward W. Stack. “I'd like to thank all our teammates for their hard work and commitment to DICK'S Sporting Goods, which made this performance possible."

A representative for Dick’s Sporting Goods was not immediately available to comment.

The company currently operates 726 total stores in 47 states, as well as 94 Golf Galaxy locations and 27 Field & Stream stores.
:popcorn2: Dick's is still in business? Who knew?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
No one buys hunting gear there so no loss.
Dick's is only for the soccer mom crowd and those kids in school stupid enough to buy overpriced shoes.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Never been to Dick's since they started acting like dicks. Don't ever plan on going into dicks for anything not even if they have the last Corona virus toilet paper in stock. I may go in for their going out of business sale.

Reactions: friendof2nd

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
I bought my 10/22 at Dicks. I was there for an hour until everything was done with the purchase. Never again! The BS just to buy a rifle. I had to read through a bunch of safety stuff. Sign papers saying i read it. And the wait for a manager to approve the sale. Pay for it. Then wait for someone to take the gun outside then hand it to me.

·
Jesus Saves
7,846 Posts
I bought my 10/22 at Dicks. I was there for an hour until everything was done with the purchase. Never again! The BS just to buy a rifle. I had to read through a bunch of safety stuff. Sign papers saying i read it. And the wait for a manager to approve the sale. Pay for it. Then wait for someone to take the gun outside then hand it to me.
Bought a 22 from Gander once.....never went back. Same thing.

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Probably hard to sell hunting gear when you don't sell guns.

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
I bought my 22 mag rifle at Gander. It was during the ''shortage''. The sales guy brings out 2 bricks of ammo. He said they keep some back for folks who by guns. I didn't buy the ammo. I had plenty. I don't recall how long the transaction took.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
well..........they went from banning sales of "assault" rifles...to placate the left....

as we know the left is also against hunting in all forms so its natural that aspect now becomes an issue........can't hurt nature or those fuzzy little bunnies out there.....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Dicks stock that trades as DKS is down today to 30.56 with a loss of 5.31 or 14.8%. They had a 52 week high of 49.80 and a 52 week low of 30.44. The high was at the end of Nov thru Dec probably due to the Christmas shopping season. The 12.2 percent increase the CEO mentioned that occurred this past Tuesday was due to the bump that the whole market received. In the market, it is called a "dead cat bounce". As you know, that increase was deleted today.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Truth be known since they cut their own throat buy not selling firearms, no one is going there to by any hunting supplies, no sellie no inventoriee. all fake news.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts