National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i don't own one, but have shot a desert eagle in 44mag and 50ae. i really doubt that 8 shots inside a second is even possible for the gun, needless the operator. the cycling of the slide after every shot would eat up more than a second.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Only if you polish the sear so that the pistol goes into full auto mode after pulling the trigger for the first time. Then its like the tail wagging the dog, hang on for dear life!! :lol:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
big dutchman said:
i don't own one, but have shot a desert eagle in 44mag and 50ae. i really doubt that 8 shots inside a second is even possible for the gun, needless the operator. the cycling of the slide after every shot would eat up more than a second.
I'd tend to agree with that. If it was somehow remotely possible---you'd never hit anything you're aiming at in a second. Matter of fact----I'm going out on a limb here and saying that it would be impossible.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Not in my hands.

Ouch.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had one once. It wouldn't do 8 shots without jamming. :(

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yeah, that's the report I had from several owners of both the .50s and the .44 Mags. Rimmed cartridges aren't made for semi-autos! But, hey, they're badassss looking and fun to play with.

Does anyone know anyone who ever used a DE (fullsize, not the "Baby") for hunting or personal protection. I mean, other than Ahhnold in the movies?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
owtlaw said:
I had one once. It wouldn't do 8 shots without jamming. :(
Had one too. +1 on the 8 shots. Even with the ported bbl it goes up to 45 deg when fired. On full auto nobody I know could hold on, and it isn't rigged for full auto.
I sold mine. Thank God and UPS it's gone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can see my .44 magnum Desert Eagle in my avatar. I call BS on firing 8 rounds in 1 second. Even if you could control it, the action is not capable or functioning that fast.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, the gas piston system on it just isnt up to 480RPM

Personally, i hate the pistol with a passion. Its not a gun, its a toy in my mind.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I used one in .50 ae to hunt bears up in washington state once it was my dads i have no doubt that it wouldnt do 8 rds. in 1 sec the action wouldnt work that fast.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Had one in 44. It was a jamomatic. I sold it and now have kinda been wanting a 50 for hunting. I think I need counseling...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts