National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 3, 2019

Just in time for hunting season, the Secretary of the Interior, David Bernhardt, has announced a substantial expansion of public land access as part of the Trump Administration’s policy to make more lands available for hunting, fishing and trapping. This latest move opens an additional 1.4 million acres and streamlines regulations on federal lands to fall more in line with the states where the lands are located. Numbers of areas opened for the first time or expanded, include 77 national wildlife refuges and 15 national fish hatcheries managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS).

The total number of Fish and Wildlife Service units now available to the public for hunting is 381 along with 316 for fishing. A complete listing of all areas can be found here.

These actions are the continued benefits of the National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997, led by the Sportsmen’s Alliance. The act mandated that hunting and fishing and other wildlife-dependent recreation are priority uses of National Wildlife Refuge System lands wherever those activities are compatible. Since its passing, millions of acres have been opened to American sportsmen.

“We’re thankful that Secretary Bernhardt and the Trump administration opened new opportunities for hunting and fishing,” said Evan Heusinkveld, President and CEO Sportsmen’s Alliance. “We encourage them to continue looking for additional opportunities like these.”

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/...erior-opens-1-4-million-acres-of-public-land/

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Too bad I can't get the link to those areas to open - just goes to a blank screen. Where are these mostly located, out West?

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
For some reason that pdf link won't open for me

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,832 Posts

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I open every other PDF I want - just this one sits on an empty page

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Fitasc, in Florida it's the St. Marks refuge which the State will manage. Will need to look for an update from FWC.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Thanks! That's not too far from me now.

·
Registered
629 Posts
And just in time, California's dictator signs legislation banning trapping in California - an act that will devastate the fur bearing animal populations with disease and famine.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Here's hoping all those furbearers come into those homes on the edge and kill their dogs, cats, etc. - After all, it was THEIR home first and they gotta eat. A small well-fed dog or cat has got to taste better than a skunk or possum.

Reactions: Levant
1 - 12 of 12 Posts