National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people are in tight spots this year. I have noticed more people becoming a democrat BECAUSE of the money situation. They seem to think democrats handle money better.... I dunno, thats why I am asking

Note: just because you are a democrat or liberal dont mean you HATE GUNS..... Just putting that out there. ;)

So what are you and how do you feel.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Don't how you can say they save money. Look at all the pork in the up coming budget. We put the Republicans in to cut spending and they lied to us. Now we got a due nothing congress full of Democrates doing the same thing. The elite in this country thinks their going to make us all servents to them. What their going to do is keep weaking this country for another power to take over. China, Russia, or how about the towel heads. :evil:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry baldy. I mean "THEM" the others.... Most people I talk to......

I have no side in this one..., I HATE being in the middle of these topics... Just like reading them though. --Shenine--

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Its very common for the American people to become disenchanted with the party in power and vote for the opposite party in the next election. This is how the Republican party got into control back about eight years ago.

I am sad to say but Americans appear to be more focused on what free goodies that the "Nanny" government is going to give to them than looking out long term to what is good for the country and retention of their freedom. Kind of following in the footsteps of Europe.

I suspect that Americans will vote for a pullout in Iraq and so called "free" medical care.

I am not excited about the possibility of a Democratic control of the White House and both houses of Congress. Eight years of that will change the face of gun ownership in America.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The democrat candidates are doing a good job of framing the economic issue as an "us vs them" problem. "Them" being the rich, who take in huge salaries and bonuses. "Us" being the middle and lower class who live paycheck to paycheck and have been affected by job cuts caused by "them". John Edwards seems to have perfected this arguement. While there are instances of excesses by the rich and powerful:the leaders at Enron, Tyco and some other companies, much of the problem stems from a tax code that is bloated and ineffective as well as a government that is out of touch with how to properly incent people and organizations to do what is right and just.

The farm bill that just passed through congress and signed by the President gives subsidies to individuals and farming conglomerates who do not need the money. The recently passed energy bill provides further incentives to turn valuable farmland to production of fuel (ethanol). These bills were crafted and signed off on by a democrat controlled congress and will cause financial harm to the "us", through higher food prices, they are saying needs protection.

I am a supply sider and firmly believe, with history on my side, that increased taxes on the rich will disincent them to invest in the economy. The government has proven time and time again they cannot be trusted to spend our money efficiently and effectively. It will also erect a sign at the border that says we do not want investment from outside the country, which in this global economy is essential for growth.

That said, I do not believe for a minute that the democrats will implement wholesale changes to the tax code that will cause undue hardship on "them" because "they" are buying this election for the dems with baskets full of cash. There will be changes, because the dems are also beholden to the unions and other "us" special interests. But I don't see taxes anywhere near the rates we experienced in the 70s.

E

G

·
Travis said:
Note: just because you are a democrat or liberal dont mean you HATE GUNS.....
Yeah, it does. It might not be obvious even to dem-libs themselves, but that's what it means -- they hate guns, among other things.

Travis said:
So what are you and how do you feel.
I am a computer geek and pretty much a nerd, and I feel fat. Why do you want to know?

G

·
Democrats better with money? Someone needs their head checked if they buy into that bunch of malarky. Democrats are the ones that can't give the farm up fast enough for those who are UNWILLING to work, want a program to pay for everything and want to give money away.

Republicans USED to be fiscally conservative. Most of the explosion of our debt and deficit is due to a war, and anyone who denies that isn't being intellectually honest with themselves. However, Republicans in the last Congress in particular, were spending money like sailors at a whorehouse, and they deserved to be thrown out of office.

However, one only has to look at the current porkasaurus that has come out of this Congress to learn that the Dems are most certainly NOT fiscally conservative.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I live in Fairfax County and voted OUT my RINO Republican state representative Jeanne Marie Devolites Davis, who ran ads calling out her Democratic rival for being TOO PRO GUN!!!! She had previously sent out a survey asking about how we "feel" about guns in libraries, rec centers, and restaurants EVEN IF the gun holder has a CHP. I replied that I have lots of feelings about lots of the Constitution, if she cared to hear all of them, but that I didi not appreciate having only the 2A laid out for public rejection.

When election day came,I held my nose and pushed the 'D' button, then sent him (Chap Peterson) an email telling him specifically what I expected for my vote. I'm not sure if the moderate democrats finally "get it" when it comes to being anti-gun as a losing position. Some do, some don't.

Regarding fiscal responsibility, the Republicans lost that label in the first 4 years of the Bush administration. Voting straight down party lines is no longer an option for me although I usually lean towards the 'R' candidates.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I am described by friends as a right-wing zealot...and I am proud of it!

The Republican party failed this country miserably by out of control spending and forgetting that we had domestic social issues in this country (crime, liberal activist judiciary, affirmative action, way too much welfare, immigration, people getting their kids taken away for spanking them, etc.) that needed taken care of. I really think we should have finished off Afghanistan before going into Iraq.

Then throw in a couple of incidents like Dennis Hasert screaming about the FBI raiding that crooked Democrat congressman's office in Lousiana. What a moron...be sure to tell the world that Republicans support corruption and should be immune to investigation. Nimrod. Throw on a little airport bathroom homosexual behavior and party fracturing over judicial appointments (John McCain) and you have something not much better than the democrats.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a third party (a real conservative party) rise up and knock the other two off the hill.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
SatanzBountyHunter said:
I am described by friends as a right-wing zealot...and I am proud of it!

The Republican party failed this country miserably by out of control spending and forgetting that we had domestic social issues in this country (crime, liberal activist judiciary, affirmative action, way too much welfare, immigration, people getting their kids taken away for spanking them, etc.) that needed taken care of. I really think we should have finished off Afghanistan before going into Iraq.

Then throw in a couple of incidents like Dennis Hasert screaming about the FBI raiding that crooked Democrat congressman's office in Lousiana. What a moron...be sure to tell the world that Republicans support corruption and should be immune to investigation. Nimrod. Throw on a little airport bathroom homosexual behavior and party fracturing over judicial appointments (John McCain) and you have something not much better than the democrats.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a third party (a real conservative party) rise up and knock the other two off the hill.

I sure agree with that thinking but I remember Ross Perot and how that diluted the "Conservative" vote. So unless both sides embrace a third party its a risky path to take.

G

·
I consider myself an independent since there are a lot of good GA Democrats (ie, Zell Miller) in local and state races.
National politics, I am Republican oriented. (voted for Bush the first time, voted AGAINST Kerry the second time).
Last 'Crat I voted for was Jammy Carter, damn he was an idiot. Pretty good carpenter.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I had no use for George Wallace, but he was exactly right when he said that there isn't a nickle's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans.

The Republicans never did a damn thing with their majority position in the Congress and proved to be just a corrupt as the others. They have done nothing to help the festering wound we call the southern border of the US. Now we have candidates on both sides who insist that the best way to deal with the 12 to 20 million uninvited guests is to declare them to be "on the road to citizenship". Voila, problem solved! NOT!!!

Now look at the six or eight "leading" candidates for president (and be honest with yourself that Mr. Thompson and Mr. Paul don't have a snowball's chance of getting the nomination any more than Kuchinich or our esteemed governor, Mr. Richardson). Who would you really feel comfortable or confident with leading this country in the midst of the most serious and crucial conflict since World War II? Pretty sad, isn't it?

All I know is that if any of the Dem candidates are elected next November, I hope they get just as much support from their congress and the American people as the current president has.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
gunrnr said:
I had no use for George Wallace, but he was exactly right when he said that there isn't a nickle's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans.

The Republicans never did a damn thing with their majority position in the Congress and proved to be just a corrupt as the others. They have done nothing to help the festering wound we call the southern border of the US. Now we have candidates on both sides who insist that the best way to deal with the 12 to 20 million uninvited guests is to declare them to be "on the road to citizenship". Voila, problem solved! NOT!!!

Now look at the six or eight "leading" candidates for president (and be honest with yourself that Mr. Thompson and Mr. Paul don't have a snowball's chance of getting the nomination any more than Kuchinich or our esteemed governor, Mr. Richardson). Who would you really feel comfortable or confident with leading this country in the midst of the most serious and crucial conflict since World War II? Pretty sad, isn't it?

All I know is that if any of the Dem candidates are elected next November, I hope they get just as much support from their congress and the American people as the current president has.
What I don't get is that they think that they can get support from legal immigrants of similar nationality by pandering this way.

I have friends from Bolivia, Peru, and Europe who took the long way in the front door, and are absolutely INSULTED that there is any consideration given to rewarding these lawbreakers. Many others feel the same way.

I'm certain we all feel that there are damn few in Congress who have a clue as to their Constituitional obligations, if they have even read it.

I can only pray that the pendulum swings back to it's proper place, and soon.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
whompuss said:
I consider myself an independent since there are a lot of good GA Democrats (ie, Zell Miller) in local and state races.
National politics, I am Republican oriented. (voted for Bush the first time, voted AGAINST Kerry the second time).
Last 'Crat I voted for was Jammy Carter, damn he was an idiot. Pretty good carpenter.

I did the same, voted for Carter since I thought that a Nuke Engineer might be a nice change from all the Lawyers that were cycling through the White House. Boy was I sadly disappointed. I will not try that move again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts