National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we could delete our own posts when we had second thoughts or when a post was deleted and our response no longer had meaning... it was a nice feature we no longer have

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,932 Posts
I suspect that feature was available in the previous forum software, and not in this version. If it is available in this version the admins should flip a switch and turn it on. Just my 2¢.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Super Moderator
11,191 Posts
Whatever gets deleted can be easily undeleted.

But I do agree. You should be able to delete your own posts. As an alternative, edit the post and delete the content with a "deleted." Or something.

--Wag--

·
Registered
697 Posts
Red arrows-------- must leave something in thread to keep it---just delete all other words not wanted.
My post deleted but left just the word trying.

1592665858199.jpeg
1592665901057.jpeg

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's pretty much the only way to do it

·
Administrator
395 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly what I said in my original post, one got deleted for saying a bad word i guess :cautious: and my answer didn't make any sense anymore but it was corrected shortly after I started this thread. If it was like before I could've deleted my post and that would've been the end of it, but it would take a little control out of your hands I guess

Reactions: Yosemite Sam

·
Registered
697 Posts
My original deleted post has not shown back up--just the word trying was left. Not important to be said again. I guess.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,155 Posts
My original deleted post has not shown back up--just the word trying was left. Not important to be said again. I guess.
You edited that post. No one from the moderator team did.
You have the ability to edit it at your will. (I frequent another board that has a 4 minute edit window, after that you can not edit your posts. How’s that for a dictatorship?)
Not sure what I’m missing?
Also, it doesn’t necessarily have to be word left in a deleted post. Most often I see “........” left in a post.

If you need/want one of your posts deleted simple click the three dots in the top right hand corner and report the post with a “delete” message. It gets kicked into a queue all the Mods see.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what you said on post #6 I thought YOU deleted it and you were telling me how to do it

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,155 Posts
Just to add. I too think that members should be allowed to delete their own posts.
it was that way for years on the old software and it didn’t cause an issue.

Reactions: Kobs

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MY precious now.... you can't have it back

·
Registered
697 Posts
From what you said on post #6 I thought YOU deleted it and you were telling me how to do it
I did. just to show that what was written was deleted and would not let me delete the completely without leaving something for the topic.

Cannot delete post, just edit. Changed the words though of what was posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts