National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had made a range card for this years deer rifle, and I thought I'd shoot a group. Yes, this is an unrealistic range for this rifle to hunt at, I'm just practicing my doping ability... and general marksmanship.

I took the shots on different days to raise the difficulty, needing to dope the differing conditions each shot. I don't get 3 shots on a deer, so I have to get the first shot correct. One shot, one kill.

150 yards will be the furthest I take a shot, my hunting load isn't quite this precise.

In the description of the video, there are links to the other shots' videos.

· Mr.
210 Posts
Thank you!
A deers heart is about the size of a softball.

You could have hit one through a lung and the liver this morning and you'd still be looking for it, but it would be a hit in the "watermelon size" vitals.

· Registered
8,212 Posts
Looks like you and that ole Marlin are ready to get some prime venison.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A deers heart is about the size of a softball.

You could have hit one through a lung and the liver this morning and you'd still be looking for it, but it would be a hit in the "watermelon size" vitals.
I'm not here to argue the size of a deer kill zone, take it up with someone else.

...and, in the post i said, "Yes, this is an unrealistic range for this rifle to hunt at, I'm just practicing my doping ability... and general marksmanship."

Have a great day!

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will be fine with a moving deer. The one i shot with my bow was walking. I lead it just a little bit. She ran some. About 100 yards lung shot.
Yes, I don't do bad with moving targets...

...because I practice at it.

My best moving target shot was with my 686 and a 200lbs doe running full bore at 65 yards. Got a heart lung shot, she ran another 50 yards then collapsed.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.