National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little "extra" decorating of the cabin interior to give it some ambience. Thought maybe you all might like to see some of it and maybe get some ideas - I'm available for interior decorating consulting. LOL!

Strung a couple lights for Christmas - looked so good, never took them down.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Looking real good there Mr Magnum. Makes it look like a nice place to be. Enjoy it, as I sure would. Good luck with your place. :-B-:

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
32 Magnum said:
I did a little "extra" decorating of the cabin interior to give it some ambience. Thought maybe you all might like to see some of it and maybe get some ideas - I'm available for interior decorating consulting. LOL!
I would be careful advertising yourself as a male interior designer...People might think your wrist wasn't strong enough to fire those guns. :D

Otherwise, looks pretty good. Is the cabin pretty secure...or do you 'wire up' one of those shotguns when you are away?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Looks like a good place to call 'home.'

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Well I like it. You can do the interior design for my log cabin, soon as I get one!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Satanz,
This is where we live - can't afford a "luxury" home. Yes the place is secure and the alarm system works great - flock of hand fed geese - nobody and no thing gets within 200 yards without them putting up a squawking fit. LOL!
BTW, my wrists aren't all that limp, except when I've overdosed on the corn squeezins.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
GEESE! Damn, that's about the best alarm you could have! Those dudes'll peck the hell out of an intruder. BTW, did you know that the U.S. Army experimented with geese to guard Hawk Missles in Germany, in the 1980s? A buddy of mine had us wetting our pants telling the story of how that went down! Funny!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I had a friend who was a phone guy back in the day.

He was doing work up a pole in a rural area, and a darned goose ended up at the bottom of the pole and wouldn't let him come down.

Poor guy had to wait up there until someone came home to call it off.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geese seem to be excellent watch "dogs"...They know me and my lady, they greet us with head bob and run up to be fed, bringing their babies ... but anybody else - they set up a real ruckus - until I start yelling at them that it's "OKAY". The other day 7 of them were chasing a fox across the lower pasture - poor fox had one hell of a time getting to the trees.
The funny thing is they're Canada Geese and they stick around all year long - they've adopted us. Here's some pics of the geese and some of their friends:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I've only been in that neck of the woods twice, when my ex-company sent me to classes at Lehigh Univ several yrs ago. Sure is pretty. Being a desert dweller, it was a very nice change.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gunrnr,
Lehigh U. is about 8 miles Northwest, as the crow flies - got a resident flock of them also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts