National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,i have a question for you all night time shooters out there,
After close to 40 years of shooting all over Ireland with both rifle and shotguns,and a fair bit of shooting at night time with a lamp and rifle,and in the past few years a led light attached to my scope,
I have now been looking into getting a night vision scope,there is so many on the web for sale,not looking to get a top of the range night scope but something to start off with,say a budget scope,i have watched youtube and the various night vision scopes that's on the market these days,ranging from 399 dollars to 5,000 dollars,
the one night vision scope that has caught my eye is a Wraith day and night digital hd vision scope,great reviews and a nice price starting off at 499 dollars,i would be intending to put in on my CZ.17 hmr,,for at the moment we here in Ireland we don't have any big game to shoot,
[deer,fox,hare and rabbit] we only have in Ireland,deer is licenced to shoot and come like everywhere else a season on them,you have to do a course to get a licence to shoot them,fox is classed as vermin and you can shoot them all season,same as hare [which I rearly shoot,and rabbit for the pot,
so can I ask you fellow shooters out there,what preference do you have if any on night vision scopes,and your good points and bad,
and another thing I want to ask if I may,how can I go about getting a night vision scope posted to Ireland,a lot of gun shops don't export their night vision scopes outside the united states,so is there a way around that.
looking forward to your replies,
thanks for reading my post,

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Just so you know a new guy that claims to be from Ireland asking how to skirt around export prohibitions on night vision scopes is going to raise suspicions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so you know a new guy that claims to be from Ireland asking how to skirt around export prohibitions on night vision scopes is going to raise suspicions.
It's just a question.i dont understand about raising suspicion. Suspicion from whom ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I dont claim to be from Ireland.i am irish and proud of it.so you put that in your pipe and smoke it

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Aye laddie, haud yer wheest but I prefer a bit of fine scottish tobacco in my pipe.

You're the wee hen that never layed away. Laang mey yer lum reek.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye laddie, haud yer wheest but I prefer a bit of fine scottish tobacco in my pipe.

You're the wee hen that never layed away. Laang mey yer lum reek.
Fair play to you Jock but you missed out on my country about 300 miles,but keep smoking the oul pipe and keep taking your meds

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Hey he only asked for an opinion on the scope, not for a straw buyer.
Tommy, there are laws here that prevent most scopes from being exported. I think it has to do with them not winding up on the battlefield against our soldiers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tommy, there are laws here that prevent most scopes from being exported. I think it has to do with them not winding up on the battlefield against our soldiers.
Thanks Stamps6 for your reply,it was only a question I asked,we have the same scopes over here in Ireland but for a lot more money than in the states,a budget scope in Texas going for 500 dollars is roughly 725 euros here,that would be a difference of about 358 dollars for the same scope,thats why I ask,its all about saving a few euros,

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Read the boldface portion.

...so can I ask you fellow shooters out there,what preference do you have if any on night vision scopes,and your good points and bad,
and another thing I want to ask if I may,how can I go about getting a night vision scope posted to Ireland,a lot of gun shops don't export their night vision scopes outside the united states,so is there a way around that.
looking forward to your replies,
thanks for reading my post,
I simply said I was suspicious. The next thing you know he's going to offer oil filters and adapters to use them as solvent traps in exchange for sending him one.

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Prices are higher in Europe because of stupid high VAT and stupid high customs taxes. As likely as not, the package will be picked up by customs in Ireland and you'll still have to pay all those costs.

--Wag--

·
Aim true !
10,046 Posts
Pa is allowing night scopes for varmints finally. Found an interesting review on a cheaper one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah they can be very expensive by the time they get from America 499 dollars to Ireland 725 euros or 850 dollars,it would probably cheaper if when this pandemic is over to fly over but it and fly back and take the chance ,lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts