National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, a newbie, my first post. I am a forum moderator elsewhere, so I made sure to fill out all the profile stuff :wink:

I bought my daughter ( age 41 ) a SCCY CPX2 in pink.

It is not comfortable for her, it is too thick because of the double stack magazine.

so, I let her try out my Ruger LC9S which is a single stack..... I chose it because it fits easier inside my waist band than my own SCCY CPX2

Now, the Ruger is black, and I haven't found it in purple. I know it can be blued, but can we make it Purple ??

as an aside, she just took her CCW course and passed with 83% in the 9 & 10 rings with the SCCY, the very first time she ever handled any gun in over 30 years.
The instructors there had to show her how to use it.
I made it a point that "daddy did not influence her with bad habits"

She is self employed, meets folks to sell them things in parking lots, worries me a lot... so I am going out of my way to make her comfortable with protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that was fast, and why didn't I think of asking google....
searches are my thing.... guess it is my 73 y/o cells getting sparse...

now I know how to please her :)
Thank you

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
Not sparse. I figure at 70 I've finally got my functioning brain cells at a manageable level.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Look into Duracoat. They can make about any color you can imagine.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Purple is a good color, if you like purple. Don't worry about the 70 thing several of us on here are past that mile marker. I realized that all my life I had been referring to my age as 'Just a Number'. Well 70 fixed that for me. 70 ain't no number it is an age brother!:crazy::yikes1:
By the way welcome aboard. My cow pasture is your cow pasture.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Also check out the Muddy Girl Cano pattern one. My wife loves that. It also uses Purple.

Welcome

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,756 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts