National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am designing a game that is a first person zombie mmo, but the problem I have is I am far from being an expert on guns, I have just enough knowledge to know the difference between a pistol and a rifle. What I need is a database (MS Access, SQL, or MS Excel preferably) that gives specs and background info on every firearm from the mid 1950's to present day. I have what I need to compile it all myself but it would take me a couple weeks to get all the info together, so I was hoping someone out there might have the data compiled into a database already. Does anybody know where I can find such a thing, or do you have one of your own?

P.S. it would be beneficial if the list also consisted of weaponry that is not commonly available (rocket launchers and such) though not necessary.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Most peoples here have their "database" in their heads lol that wont help.

Ummm if you have an ipod or "I" something, there's an APP called Gunpro from Crimson moon intertainement listing more than what you will ever need for your game with pics and detailed files for each from handguns to heavy artillery. You can even fire and cycle them (in your ipod) which would give you a good idea of the gun.
I cant remember if it's free but even if it isn't it would be like $2 for your database
Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Edit: if you need the database only you could always try to reach these guys and tell them what you want to do they might even let you have it for free if you add their name to your game who knows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most peoples here have their "database" in their heads lol that wont help.

Ummm if you have an ipod or "I" something, there's an APP called Gunpro from Crimson moon intertainement listing more than what you will ever need for your game with pics and detailed files for each from handguns to heavy artillery. You can even fire and cycle them (in your ipod) which would give you a good idea of the gun.
I cant remember if it's free but even if it isn't it would be like $2 for your database
Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Edit: if you need the database only you could always try to reach these guys and tell them what you want to do they might even let you have it for free if you add their name to your game who knows
I looked into it and this gives almost all the info I need, and I have a pdf of the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms that gives me that last bump. Thank you, you've been a huge help :)

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
can't help with database.....................but here are 40 different episodes that are informative......"Tales of the gun"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts