National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (a good friend of mine and me) just wanted to go to the range today and shoot his new Sig and my Browning. When we arrived nobody was there and we found a sign that said that it was closed this week. That really pissed my shooting buddy (and me too) off since he hasn't had the chance to shoot the P220, yet.
You must know that in this country it's not allowed to shoot outside the range. Neither on private ground nor far away from residential areas in the forest. I guess that's because of the noise and most remote places that would be good for shooting, are hunting ground and hunters wouldn't want you to scare the animals away, or whatever. I could be just as well another stupid nonsense-law :x
Later we talked about the things I wanted to buy for my Browning, new grips, some night sights, a cylinder and slide safety lever, holster, ect. So far so good...then we saw a photograph of an American SF soldier with an M4 rifle with a silencer attached in a magazine. I jokingly suggested that if we had a silencer/suppressor (don't know how exactly you call that in english) we could shoot when- and wherever we want. He liked the idea and we drove to a gun shop just to look what they say about it, if it's even legal to own one.
Well, it is. 390 € for the silencer and about 300 € for a threaded barrel for my Glock. Now I'm hooked, I NEED that silencer! He even showed me an UZI (made in South-Afrika, Vektor???) with a silencer attached, and he swears that the only thing you can still hear when you shoot it is the cycling and ejecting of the new/spent rounds. He knows how to tease a person like myself, I'm just too weak :mrgreen:
The "Browning-Project" will have to wait for later :(
I hate it when that happens, when I see something that I just can't resist. I'm sure you know what I mean, I'd like to hear your stories, that way I don't feel so bad about my decision.

PS: He told me that you need special subsonic ammo for a .45 acp. Like 147 grs (well they're not that special) for my 9mm. I always thought that all standard velocity 230 grs cartridges are subsonic...Am I wrong?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yep, the 230's going at 830fps is the norm, very subsonic. Some of the lighter wieght bullets loaded to +P levels might get close to supersonic, but thats really pushing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts