National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 CZ 457's, one American and the other is the Varmint model. They both have Burris rimfire signature rings mounted on the 11mm dovetail receiver cuts. The bases on both walked forward on the dovetail after 40 or 50 rounds of SV Geco ammo. I retorqued the base to rails to 30 in lbs and had the same issue! The small instruction manual that comes with the ring sets call for 60 in.lbs for the base to dovetail ring and 35 to 40 for the top ring. This sounds excessive to me. I am now going to try 40 in.lbs for the bases and see what happens. Any input appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

·
Live Free
2,803 Posts
I have 2 CZ 457's, one American and the other is the Varmint model. They both have Burris rimfire signature rings mounted on the 11mm dovetail receiver cuts. The bases on both walked forward on the dovetail after 40 or 50 rounds of SV Geco ammo. I retorqued the base to rails to 30 in lbs and had the same issue! The small instruction manual that comes with the ring sets call for 60 in.lbs for the base to dovetail ring and 35 to 40 for the top ring. This sounds excessive to me. I am now going to try 40 in.lbs for the bases and see what happens. Any input appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
You might try the prescribed torque...:idea:Just saying, when all else fails, follow the directions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you might try using CZ proprietary rings. they're not cheap but they are good. i have two CZ's and use them with no problems.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
On my latest acquisition of a CZ rifle, I tried a different picatinny base. This one is made by DIP Products and slides on the fixed 11mm rail. I could then use regular 1-inch rings that hold the scope fast in place. Notice how the top rails slide onto the smaller rail and then the screws go into the sockets in the afixed rail to prevent movement:

And then, the scope sits lower on the receiver as another benefit:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts