National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending more time at the range renting guns, I've become a fan of the CZ 75 SP01 and Jericho 941 non poly guns. But, I prefer a decocker/safety or decocker w/no safety. Anyone know of a CZ 75 all steel 4.5-5" barrel handgun with a decocker? So far I haven't found one or I just missed it in my searches.

·
Registered
369 Posts
CZ makes a version on the 75B with a decocker. Full size is all steel frame, compacts are alloy frames (still metal, just not steel). The link below will take you to the info page for it on their website.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-bd-9mm-black-16-rd-mags/

EDIT: Also, for future reference, things like this should be posted down in one of the General Discussion categories. "Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support" sub forum is more intended for questions and such about the forum itself.

Reactions: drb166

·
Registered
895 Posts
Look for a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical. Like the BD, but has a full profile slide and dustcover with a light rail.

·
Aim true !
10,355 Posts
I have some handguns with decocker. I don't trust it. I drop the mag and eject the round in the chamber.

Reactions: drb166 and Stamps6

·
Super Moderator
5,705 Posts
I have a CZ75 without the decoker and it was tough finding it. All I found was ones with the decocker. I too do not trust decokers.

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
I have a CZ75 without the decoker and it was tough finding it. All I found was ones with the decocker. I too do not trust decokers.
I thought i was the only one. I have a couple of guns with them and every time i hit that switch i cringe waiting for it to fire.

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Super Moderator
11,366 Posts
Odd. I've never had any issues at all with decockers. Never bothered me to use it. Still, I do keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
5,978 Posts
Safe direction is fine but dropping the hammer on a loaded chamber with just a piece of the safety stopping the firing pin to keep the round from going off is a bit unsettling. I never trust a safety anyway. There are times I hunt with the safety off and follow all of the other rules to a “T”. Muzzle direction, no trigger finger, even chamber empty or action open. Decocking gives me the willies.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Ok I have several pistols with decockers They work FINE now there are a few exceptions, My Personal which caused a Negligent discharge 0 or subzero temps exceeding 3 days the striker or firing pin can FREEZE in place RARE can happen and while it is a decocker the Firing Pin or Striker MUST MOVE to prevent striking the primer,when decocked if frozen pin does not drop out of way pistol goes boom. in 20+ years this has happened only once, when I bring guns in from truck that have been there a few days or longer cold or NOT I let them sit for 45 minutes or so, prior to handling in the house. 230 grain hollow point through the bed in a 10 x 15 room with no hearing protection WOW having sense enough even while decocking muzzle down safest direction priceless.

·
Live Free
2,897 Posts
I never point a loaded gun at anything I do not want to shoot, especially using a decocker. For that matter I don’t trust a safety or decocker more than my own responsibility to insure I never point the gun at anything I do not want to shoot. A safety or decocker is a useful function, but they should never mitigate our responsibility for safe handling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pays to point in a safe direction always, but I've never has a ND with my Sigs (3), Beretta's (2) or CZ's (3) . All decocker guns. I don't like safeties compared to DC's. Certainly not SA "cocked & locked".:yikes1:

YMMV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts