National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have never owned a gun, planning on getting one, I have an option of CZ P10C, visually it looks just fine, but the slide is not FIRM, it is shaky when you try to move it. Store owner told me that its fine, that as soon as ammo is fed to it the slide will get firm. But the empty Glock 17 had its slide FIRM like concrete, without any bit of shaking. PLEASE tell me what you think guys, do you think the gun owner is BSing me or it might be true? The gun is not used as he claims too.

THANK YOU

· Live Free
4,516 Posts
I would not expect the CZ to do that either. Like I indicated earlier, my P07 does not have any slop or left to right play at all. I have not really looked the P10 much, but I don’t like a sloppy slide that wiggles back and forth...I would avoid it personally.

· Live Free
4,516 Posts
I am not what you would consider a Glock fan, but you gotta get what makes you happy. Have you tried any of them? Do you have the opportunity to try them?
Personally I would lean towards the CZ but for the sloppy slide. Nothing else is an option for you?

· Banned
1,116 Posts
Buy a 9x19 Glock.
Oh, you already got G19.4! Congrats!
Now it's time for 20/20 brace!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, unfortunately its not allowed to take your own damn gun to the range, its not allowed to take it anywhere out of your property, they just let you shoot a Glock which has shot (in good case) 4-5 thousand rounds - a range owned gun. This is the law here, but you can at least buy carbine and take it to the range.
Will shoot at the range until I figure something else out, at some other location.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seeing that this is your first gun, you might entertain the idea of an NRA safety course, unless of course you have some experience and just have not purchased until now.
The irony is that the Glock is made in USA, and has NRA invitations, brochures and 2nd amendment info in it, would gladly join the NRA if only I lived in the country I love so much, my second homeland USA, but of course I will take safety course at the range, both me and my family members who might have to use it.

· Live Free
4,516 Posts
Oh! And now I just noticed that it looks like you are living in Georgia? Yes, I guess they have much stricter laws concerning firearms. Sorry I did not pick up on that earlier!

In that case I am very excited for you being an owner now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.