National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
Overall, a not bad video. He understands how different parts work together.
Do Not attempt this with out possessing the proper tools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall, a not bad video. He understands how different parts work together.
Do Not attempt this with out possessing the proper tools.
it’s my video, yes I agree everyone have the proper tools and be confident in your ability before attempting any type of firearm modification.

·
53,927 Posts
Your video?
A critique.

Stop tossing parts around. Place them down.
A steel hammer on steel gun parts is not good. Get a brass/bronze hammer.
Wedge tip screwdrivers have no place on a smith's bench.
A place for every tool and every tool in its place.
Slow down. Speed kills.
If you're self taught, you're doing pretty good. If you went to a gunsmith school, get your money back.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Like popeye said a few different tools. I would add at least one magnetic tray, two if you're swapping parts so things don't get lost or mixed up. A armorers block will work much better than your electric tape too. You forgot to put the hammer strut/spring guard back in.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Proper Tools? tools proper enough to get job done effectively slamming stuff around Showing Off? maybe raised that way? Smith`s Bench highly suggestive I will say Plastic hammer Brass Hammer eh ok But how many shade trees can afford the list of "SPECIALIZED TOOLS" needed. Then when ya get a nightmare closet gun in and you "BUST, BEND or BREAK" a specialized tool how many have the $$$$$ and time to run out and procure another. Gsymoens Good Job for what there was, Of Course I am a common man without pedigrees, You got it apart, got it back together and functions.

·
53,927 Posts
Proper Tools? tools proper enough to get job done effectively slamming stuff around Showing Off? maybe raised that way? Smith`s Bench highly suggestive I will say Plastic hammer Brass Hammer eh ok But how many shade trees can afford the list of "SPECIALIZED TOOLS" needed. Then when ya get a nightmare closet gun in and you "BUST, BEND or BREAK" a specialized tool how many have the $$$$$ and time to run out and procure another. Gsymoens Good Job for what there was, Of Course I am a common man without pedigrees, You got it apart, got it back together and functions.
Every problem looks like a nail when the only tool you have is a hammer.

Gud enuf isn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts