1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Aim true !
11,051 Posts
Yeah they have it on The truth about guns site too. Some one on the Ruger forum posted it. This should be good for the Colt brand.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,939 Posts
Interesting. If this goes through, hopefully CZ's management can turn Colt around and return the brand to it's past glory.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Super Moderator
14,492 Posts
Probably for the best. Americans can't seem to do much of anything any more. They for sure can't run a country OR a revolution. China makes all our stuff. Why not let let Eastern Europe make our guns...?

And when some guy comes along and says, "Hey, you know what, let's make America Great again!" He's squelched, crushed, maligned, and completely destroyed. They did that very well.

If the Liberal DemocRats had put the effort they put into destroying one man into righting this country, there's no telling where we'd be right now. But....

Alan

Reactions: Speed

·
AZHerper
3,966 Posts
I dunno...I think that it was Samuel Colt and not Sigmund Freud that "made men equal".

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
"..........turn Colt around and return the brand to it's past glory."

Anybody recall the 1980's program and advertising that proclaimed "Colt's Cares"? It was Colt's lame effort to drum up business and burnish the self-tarnished image they had created. Not exactly their "glory days".

To their credit, about 3 to 4 years ago, Colt focused solely on the Government Model 1911's and Single Action Army revolvers to produce what many gun writers proclaimed were the best productions of these two model handguns that they had tested and fired. So, they were able to achieve a benchmark of quality, but the "infamous Colt management" screwed the pooch as they always have and the "business" went south ...... again.

I wonder if their re-introduction of the "snake" line of revolvers will achieve much of anything?

I've always been amused by people's stated desire for Colt to "produce or re-introduce" a product that the proclaimer can't afford or will not buy, usually due to price.

I own a SAA .45 Colt, two (2) Colt .22 Peacemaker's and a Government Model Mark IV/Series 80. The Government Model was my last Colt purchase, in 1983. Luv my Colt's. Just couldn't afford more back when I wanted to.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think they want the brand.....and want nothing to do with the union labor force or previous management. Those M4's for the army just might end up being made in cz land. revolvers might be made there as well and branded as Colt.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Sort of torn by this. Colt is nothing but an iconic brand that has been floundering for many years. I would be great to still see the name and products out there but will it really be a colt? Many people still consider shotguns made in Japan Brownings so why not? I would love for them to stay here and open but it doesnt seem to be an option, i guess the buyout is certainly better than them disappearing. I think i only own one Colt, a little .380 Mustang. Nice little gun and certainly would love to own a revolver someday.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just hopeful they will keep the designs and bring back some golden oldies....

·
Aim true !
11,051 Posts
My Colt 22 1911 rail guns. Are Walthers. I wonder if Walther may get some of the production rights too?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm sure CZ sees import bands around the corner and having a manfacturing arm in the US will keep them in the market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts