National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking at the CZ-457 American to buy as my latest .22lr. I held a lux version and an American version in the store and greatly preferred the American stock feel. The nonexistent iron sights on the American greatly disappointed me, as I love open sight plinking. I know I can switch the barrel out with Kits from CZ USA. Can I attach the lux barrel on the American stock without problems, so I can use Irons? Also has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the 457 platform?

· Live Free
4,511 Posts
I have a 455 American, the model before the 457. CZ 452, 455 and 457 rifles are excellent shooters. My 455 is boring at 50 yards, got to shoot at 100 to keep a little challenge in it. I don’t know about putting the Lux barrel in an American stock, but I suspect it might work...might be a good idea to give em a call and ask. As far as I know all the barrels mount the same way, the receiver is the same. You might want to consider just going with the Lux, because that stock is designed for iron sights, and is a pleasure to shoot that way. The American stock will be more difficult to use irons with. But however you choose, the CZ is hard to beat.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I checked with CZ and they said they are compatible as long as I don’t use the varmint barrel. Im still stuck between the American and the Lux. I want to shoot some competitions with this but on my off time go run with Irons while plinking in the woods. I’ve seen some people using the American and the cheek rest is slightly high for irons while the lux seems too low for scopes. I’m stuck in the middle. Do you think irons on the American is too hard to use and I should focus on scoping the lux instead? I wish manufactures today still made it possible to use both irons and scopes, but then again how many people can actually use irons anymore.

· Live Free
4,511 Posts
Thanks for the response. I checked with CZ and they said they are compatible as long as I don’t use the varmint barrel. Im still stuck between the American and the Lux. I want to shoot some competitions with this but on my off time go run with Irons while plinking in the woods. I’ve seen some people using the American and the cheek rest is slightly high for irons while the lux seems too low for scopes. I’m stuck in the middle. Do you think irons on the American is too hard to use and I should focus on scoping the lux instead? I wish manufactures today still made it possible to use both irons and scopes, but then again how many people can actually use irons anymore.
I think it would be easier to put a scope on the Lux and use a cheek rest on the stock that is easily removed when you want to shoot with irons. Of course you could pick up, say, the Lux first, then later the American with .22 LR and .17 HMR barrels...:unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.