National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used CZ452 in .22 cal that I picked up a really like. The trigger is a little heavy for my taste and adjusting it does not seem to make a whole lot of difference.
I ordered the 4 spring trigger kit from Eric Brooks and I was just wondering if anyone has done this modification and which spring they used.
And, did you do any other mods such as polishing?
I thought I would try the 2# spring first. That's about half of the stock 3.5#. What do you think?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
keninaz said:
I have a used CZ452 in .22 cal that I picked up a really like. The trigger is a little heavy for my taste and adjusting it does not seem to make a whole lot of difference.
I ordered the 4 spring trigger kit from Eric Brooks and I was just wondering if anyone has done this modification and which spring they used.
And, did you do any other mods such as polishing?
I thought I would try the 2# spring first. That's about half of the stock 3.5#. What do you think?
I have no knowledge of those pistols but wanted to wish you luck and ask that you let us know how it works out. :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
That rifle is basically a mini-Mauser. Have you ever pulled it down and looked at the trigger setup? Typically you can just lightly stone the sear/trigger engagement smooth, just do not alter the contact angles. The lighter springs will help. The stoning will get rid of any grittiness you feel in the trigger. You also could drill and tap a small hole toward the rear of the trigger assembly to install a take up screw. Installing an over travel screw may be a bit trickier but is do-able.

I just checked. Instead of all that, Brwnell's sells a Timney trigger for that rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts