National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I build custom safes as a hobby they are not as secure as many on the market I know but they are when you consider they are hiding in plain sight. lately I have been building them out of coke machines. I add custom combination locks using the original drink buttons and a magnetic lock the same as pharmacy's use. I offer custom touches such as auto opening doors as well as custom build outs for the interior just wanting to get more feedback as to what will make my safes better. This is my latest one it holds 14 long guns and 6 pistols it was built for a collector and business owner in my home town.
17616.jpeg IMG_20200120_103010_990.jpg

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Nice way of repurposing a soda machine. Just a friendly tip though. Don't make any sales pitches until your here for awhile. It's one of the forum rules.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got more demand for them here than I have time to build im just looking for ideas to take them to the next level. Thanks tho

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Add a dehumidifier and an outlet and interior lighting. Nice idea, but most folks do not have these in their homes, so what type of person is your main customer?

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
I love the idea of hiding in plain sight. How about a book shelf that opens to a safe by pulling a certain book or moving a book from one shelf to the other?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,912 Posts
Very cool concept.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I always thought a disguised less secure safe is better than a safe sitting in the open. I have seen a few before with refrigerators used and the soda machine like you use. I only see two downsides, size and the thirst of a burglar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts