National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to have a 1911 built completely buy a proffesional who would you use?

ive came into a few dollars and i kinda want a purpose built custom gun.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
One of the gentlemen on the car forum that I frequent has some of the most awesome 1911's. He had his custom built by Evolution Gun Works. While I haven't any personal experience in dealing with them, he is extremely happy with his which he uses in IPSC/USPSA action shooting (Open division).

If you're interested in seeing a pic, I can ask his permission to post it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well it sounds like you dont wanna just buy a high-end pistol from one of the "big names". Heres an idea. Find a frame/slide you like from a well respected maker. Have them fit a barell/bushing/ and maybe the beaver tail. Then find someone you trust locally to fit the small parts. That way your smith will be closer to you in the event you have bugs to work out. And, that would let you pick your favorite grips, safety, trigger, hammer, ect.

Another option is to find a lightly used, quality base model and sent it off to have it built with your choice of parts.

Chances are, though, One of the high end names already makes something to suit your tastes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ted Yost.

A friend of mine has a Yost Gov't Model. It's a thing of beauty. both in function and appearance. If I was still a 1911 guy, I'd go right to Ted.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lee, Im curious, what do you have in mind? Purpose built for what?

Im looking around for options for rebarreling/rebuilding my shot-out Kimber, options are endless. I have found different safety, hammers that I like. I think Im going through something similar right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
complete build. sand traps in the slide, magwell welded to the frame, fixed night sights. ill have to ask my buddy who he recomended but the end gun was about 8 grand.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lee, I get the impression you have an A type personality.

Does this fit the bill?

Deffinately over the top. HAHA :---

I saw these on another forum and snagged them.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I found those at another forum. I think the meat tenderizer is to your enemy doesnt knock your slide out of battery. And the spike on the mainspring housing....well I guess its for when you run out of ammo and want to pummel your enemy. Not real practicle, but wwaaaayyy over the top. :---

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Les Beaer - used to be here in Illinois until very recently and moved his company out due to the changing laws.
His company does some very nice work. It is custom and not cheap.

http://www.lesbaer.com/

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
To each his own. I have met Les Baer Jr and fired some of his work. My friend has one and it has never been a problem. I would recommend his work but others may not so it is what it is...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts