National Gun Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
981 Posts
No, we have to use THEIR guns. Never requires cleaning. Always gets the bullseye. No FTE's, FTF's or stovepipes. Ammo always available at no cost. Same with reloading and casting supplies.

:)

--Wag--
Just not having to deal with money is something too look forward to. Peaches and cream being available all the time will be nice as well.

·
Genius in Training
650 Posts
Would DE guns happen to be where you put your stuff on consignment?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Would DE guns happen to be where you put your stuff on consignment?
No but that looks like a great gun shop / range

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
I’ve been turning over some of my guns to my son. The girls don’t want them and my son in law isn’t really a gun guy but will shoot if the opportunity arises. My father passed away in December and I have inherited his guns. My son hasn’t any more room to store them so until we can make space, they sit at my house.
Because I hunted so much with my Dad, we bought the same guns as each other. Now I have double and triple of some guns. All 3 of us have/had Remington 7600/30-06’s. My son and I are leaving ours full sized but I’m going to have my dad’s cut to carbine length. I always liked them but are pretty hard to come by.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
I am surprised with my auctions so far. Last time I had that Ruger Precision 6.5 in there, it only brought $1200. Its already at $1850 with 19 days to go. That Springfield Loaded barely got $525 last time, its already at $850 with 20 days left. All 4 of the 1911's are at $800 or more.

·
Genius in Training
650 Posts
I am surprised with my auctions so far. Last time I had that Ruger Precision 6.5 in there, it only brought $1200. Its already at $1850 with 19 days to go. That Springfield Loaded barely got $525 last time, its already at $850 with 20 days left. All 4 of the 1911's are at $800 or more.
Selling on gun broker? I’m looking at throwing a few things on there but I’ve never sold on their site before.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
Selling on gun broker? I’m looking at throwing a few things on there but I’ve never sold on their site before.
No, local auction house. Gun Broker wants you to have your own credit card processor, which I think is ridiculous. You have to be a business to have a merchant account. I don't do checks and money orders unless I know the person. Established members of the forum are ok, Joe Blow off the street, no way.

·
Banned
981 Posts
No, local auction house. Gun Broker wants you to have your own credit card processor, which I think is ridiculous. You have to be a business to have a merchant account. I don't do checks and money orders unless I know the person. Established members of the forum are ok, Joe Blow off the street, no way.
People that take checks wait until they clear before shipping. That's what I do. I've never had a problem with it. I usually ask for USPS money orders.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,670 Posts

Remember the ETW Makarov (East German, best made of all the Maks) that were selling between $150 - $250 a few years back? Somehow I ended up with four of them.
I just saw one sell for $1300 at my LGS. $1300 !!!
Maybe I should sell one or two. Ya think?

·
Registered
17,325 Posts

Remember the ETW Makarov (East German, best made of all the Maks) that were selling between $150 - $250 a few years back? Somehow I ended up with four of them.
I just saw one sell for $1300 at my LGS. $1300 !!!
Maybe I should sell one or two. Ya think?
Pretty sure my buddy bought one or two of those, I think Classic firearms was selling them.

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,024 Posts
The auctioneer said she saw at least 3 of my guns over the reserve when I picked up my Kimber. I had her go in this afternoon and assign all my auctions to my consignment account on the sight so I didn’t have to keep hunting them down. More difficult than usual since they are spread over 3 major auctions, handguns, long guns and ammo.

·
Barney
219 Posts
I've never accumulated that many guns and I've always traded up so the few I have are pretty good guns. I have one that I might sell but I'm not anxious to get rid of it. None of my children want them so I'm not keeping any for posterity.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts