National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,019 Posts
While I’m getting out more recently, per my plan, to shoot and enjoy my collection of firearms—I‘ve also been significantly reducing the number I own. I still acquire the occasional gun via trade or purchase but my acquisition pace has slowed.

My adult children and I have gone through my collection to identify the “keepers”.

I’m down about 25% overall with another 25% reduction contemplated in the next few months. I found an out-of-state LGS who is very good at helping me sell these guns, via consignment, with a reasonably small consignment fee. He also sends me shipping labels to make it easy to ship the firearms to him.

Anyone else reducing your holdings as you age? So far… I have no sellers remorse. I enjoyed them all while I had them, but having them sit idle in the safe didn’t make much sense.
So, you've been buying one a day for how many years? I'm guessing you're down to 5 to 6 thousand now. You should be well protected. (y)

· Registered
1,019 Posts
I have been intentionally eliminating polymer framed guns; just a few left now that I do not wish to be done with. I am left with a tidy collection of steel and alloy framed handguns which I am quite satisfied with. Mostly just wood and steel among my long guns now; yeah, that too makes me happy!
I remember playing with polymer guns when playing cowboys and Indians and playing war as we killed all the Japs with them. We didn't worry too much about political correctness then either. I didn't even know what the term meant. The guns just broke and we got new ones. Still don't like plastic guns.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
No, we have to use THEIR guns. Never requires cleaning. Always gets the bullseye. No FTE's, FTF's or stovepipes. Ammo always available at no cost. Same with reloading and casting supplies.

:)

--Wag--
Just not having to deal with money is something too look forward to. Peaches and cream being available all the time will be nice as well.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
No, local auction house. Gun Broker wants you to have your own credit card processor, which I think is ridiculous. You have to be a business to have a merchant account. I don't do checks and money orders unless I know the person. Established members of the forum are ok, Joe Blow off the street, no way.
People that take checks wait until they clear before shipping. That's what I do. I've never had a problem with it. I usually ask for USPS money orders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts