National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Last Stand on Earth
6,311 Posts
I’m there with you. Reduced my collection by 25% since August. Everytime I sell a bunch off, I buy a bunch more. I was buying 4-5 a month earlier this year. I’ve only bought 3 or 4 in the last 2 months. I am hoping to slow the roll next year. It might be possible since I’m fairly content with what I have at the moment. My focus has greatly narrowed this year. While there is still room for new toys, it’s harder to find something that “fits” in the collection. Makes telling myself “No”, a bit easier to do. I still might throw a few in the upcoming auction, have to see. I still have several shotguns that haven’t been fired. At least 6 ARs I haven’t fired.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,311 Posts
I am surprised with my auctions so far. Last time I had that Ruger Precision 6.5 in there, it only brought $1200. Its already at $1850 with 19 days to go. That Springfield Loaded barely got $525 last time, its already at $850 with 20 days left. All 4 of the 1911's are at $800 or more.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,311 Posts
Selling on gun broker? I’m looking at throwing a few things on there but I’ve never sold on their site before.
No, local auction house. Gun Broker wants you to have your own credit card processor, which I think is ridiculous. You have to be a business to have a merchant account. I don't do checks and money orders unless I know the person. Established members of the forum are ok, Joe Blow off the street, no way.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,311 Posts
The auctioneer said she saw at least 3 of my guns over the reserve when I picked up my Kimber. I had her go in this afternoon and assign all my auctions to my consignment account on the sight so I didn’t have to keep hunting them down. More difficult than usual since they are spread over 3 major auctions, handguns, long guns and ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts