National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
Gotta be a weird recoil. I had a left eye dominance and always shot left handed even though I’m right handed. A left eye problem has got me trying to now undo 58 years of muscle memory and I’m trying to learn to shoot right handed. It’s much harder then you would think. Recoil is like I’m a novice shooter.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far as I know, all Parker AAHE grade guns are SxS shotguns. If I am correct, a crossover stock is not necessary since a shotgun is not an aim and fire gun, It is a point and shoot gun and aiming is counterproductive.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
I shoot doubles. The cast of the stock is important and has a significant effect on ones ability to hit. As Mr. Popeye stated , wingshooting and clays are point and shoot (and follow through) activities. Medium and high end doubles have a cast to the stock to facilitate the right or left hand shooters ability to center their view over the barrels. A left hand shooter will be very disappointed with their shooting if they pick up a cast “off” stock. The cast off stock has a center line to the right of the barrels and cast on is just the opposite. The shotgun in question is made with an extreme cast off stock. I’m not sure that it accomplished its intended goal, hence they are not seen beyond novelties. Of course, the gentleman ordering a Parker AAHE could ask for and get anything he wanted.

Alan

Reactions: Popeye

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Extreme left eye dominance or a right handed shooter with only a left eye.

Alan

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,774 Posts
Umm… yeah… no… Even if I was left eye dominant, I’d learn to shoot left handed. If it were a bolt gun, I could see the point, but I see no point here as a SxS other than it looks cool or possibly used as a cruel shoulder torture device 😂.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
The important thing about this particular shotgun is that the present owner has likely never shot it, or ever even intends to shoot it. There were 238 hammerless AAHEs made and this is likely the only one made like this. A regular AAHE goes for in excess of $200K. I would hesitate to guess what it would take to satisfy a guy's left eye dominance problem...

Alan

Reactions: Popeye and Philmo11
1 - 8 of 8 Posts