National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a nice suprise for Christmas.....

received this long barrel pump action single shot pellet pistol...........blue finish with genuine simulated wood.

.177 caliber and they included a tin of RWS hollow base wad cutter pellets with it.

took her for a spin. Seems accurate enough. I kept to the "U" notch instead of the peep.......I only pumped it up 5 times per shot.......seems fast enough. I know i can pump more so i might expiriment later on.

the instructions are super tiny print so i will look over the net to find it readable size.,

also seems quiet enough......but then again i am accustomed to the real thing. Think i am going to get some millage out of this pistol....But i am going to now have to come up with a 17 cal pistol rod for cleaning.....and who knows what else...Midway USA here i come!:lol:

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
Cool i got an air gun too. A Red Ryder.

Reactions: deputy

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
a nice suprise for Christmas.....

received this long barrel pump action single shot pellet pistol...........blue finish with genuine simulated wood.

.177 caliber and they included a tin of RWS hollow base wad cutter pellets with it.

took her for a spin. Seems accurate enough. I kept to the "U" notch instead of the peep.......I only pumped it up 5 times per shot.......seems fast enough. I know i can pump more so i might expiriment later on.

the instructions are super tiny print so i will look over the net to find it readable size.,

also seems quiet enough......but then again i am accustomed to the real thing. Think i am going to get some millage out of this pistol....But i am going to now have to come up with a 17 cal pistol rod for cleaning.....and who knows what else...Midway USA here i come!:lol:
It's a great air pistol (I have one). Forget cleaning. Most get better with use. However, a rod is handy for pushing out a pellet you put in backwards. For paper targets, 3 pumps is plenty. When finished shooting, pump once and leave it. The "factory" is afraid to tell you this for legal/safety reasons (they told me this). Consider using www.PyramydAir.com . They are very helpful people, and their website is a "airgun education".

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
Nice!

Whenever I need to read something small, I take a picture with my phone and then zoom in on the picture. Works like a dream. Make sure you don't hold the phone too close or it defeats the purpose.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
they included a tin of RWS hollow base wad cutter pellets with it.
RWS is a good brand. Beware of pellets with poor quality control. If, while loading your pistol, some pellets seem a bit tight, others a bit loose, and some seem just right...throw the can away. You are wasting your time if you are working to improve your skill. Two that I have found to be near perfect are 1. RWS Meisterkugeln professional line pistol, and 2. H&N Finale Match Heavy. I'm sure there are others. However, these will all cost a bit more. The wad cutters will create a "clean" hole on a paper target for scoring purposes. Your air pistol will help you learn to shoot your "real" gun better, especially in terms of trigger control.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pellets i have are R-10 match.........the quality appears very good........though i am starting to question the wisdom of the .177 with my dexterity and eye sight....not about the shooting......its the handling and chambering that small pellet in that small bolt action loading port...sure are tiny little things.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
the pellets i have are R-10 match.........the quality appears very good........though i am starting to question the wisdom of the .177 with my dexterity and eye sight....not about the shooting......its the handling and chambering that small pellet in that small bolt action loading port...sure are tiny little things.
I agree that the bolt action loading can be a challenge with this gun, but you will get the hang of it over time. Try placing the pellet onto the loading port, and slowly let the bolt action push it in. This seems to work better for me than trying to push it in with my thumb. Even so, one ends up going in backwards now and then. A straight section cut from a wire coat hanger can push it back out. So far, I have, on occasion, been able to score a 48 out of 50 at 10 yards with this gun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Someone would actually clean the barrel of an air pistol? Why?
New air gun barrels need cleaning just like any other barrel. There is usually a lot of gunk in them. The best way to clean them is to cut a length of 'weed wacker' nylon and heat one end to form a ball. Cut the other end at a sharp angle so that you can push it through the cleaning patch easily. Once you do the initial cleaning, it is not necessary to clean the barrel again unless you have really dirty pellets or accuracy starts to drop off. I also keep a piece of wooden dowel to use in case a pellet should get stuck. Remember, air gun barrels are not as hard as powder burner barrels so don't use any metal bore brushes, not even the copper ones. Enjoy your new gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts