National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see it in movies sometimes but I have never seen a LEO wearing a crossdraw holster. Soulder holster maybe but not on the belt!

Is this a department rule or have you worn your duty firearm in the crossdraw methoid?

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I have seen one uniformed LEO my whole life do this...he was an administrator.

A cross draw holster on a uniformed LEO just as well have a sign that says..."take my gun while we fight". A cross-draw holster has very minimal weapon retention value, if any.

I have seen some detectives and what not do this, but not your average LEO that responds to in-progress calls....it would be pure suicide.

G

·
sig232 said:
You see it in movies sometimes but I have never seen a LEO wearing a crossdraw holster. Soulder holster maybe but not on the belt!

Is this a department rule or have you worn your duty firearm in the crossdraw methoid?
You need to meet my son. Special Agent Franklin Ramsey, USAF-OSI. He wears a Jackass shoulder holster which is, by definition, a crossdraw. He can draw his duty weapon and have it in your face faster than you can cut a fart.
His record Bad Guys (?,classified) Frank (still standing).
He owns the record at FLETC, it's all a matter of training and youth.
BYT, a lot of the old western notables, like Doc Holiday, from my home town, Valdosta, GA, used the cross draw and died of old age, not a BG's billit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts