National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Thanks for posting this agust82. I have always prefered not to carry in church because I think so highly of my congregation and I just felt really safe there. Besides, I would have been pone of the off-duty LEO's to rush the shooter.

It looks like these instances of church shootings by deranged people is going to start to take on the same ambition and frequency that school shooters have brought with them the last ten or so years.

On a side note, if I would have been there to restrain him and not been packing heat, he might still not have lived.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
This church-shooting phenomenon seems is becoming frighteningly more common. The ones in Colorado, last year, several others over the past couple or yrs.

Verrrry disconcerting!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
On a side note, if I would have been there to restrain him and not been packing heat, he might still not have lived.
Interesting you should state this, SBH.

I've been thinking that, because of my familiarity with firearms, I might be more inclined to look for an opening to disable the bad guy than I would to be running and screaming, even if I was unarmed.

Anyone else think that their being familiar with guns might provide an edge, even if unarmed in a situation like this?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Well, best to admit it, I carry in church.

Does anyone have intel on the shooter? Wacked out guy, flipped out ex-lover of some one, or...dare I?

Should I ask it...

It would make feel so un-PC...

The question would make me appear not to be a good member of the global coimmunity.....

Could it be the shooter is a...........................

A Muslim?

G

·
I think it's time the church take this seriously and take steps. Like provide a ballistic shield (level IV) & non lethal weapon. Such as electricGun, gelGun, sound, microwave, etc.
I don’t mind a little sticky gel on my cloth.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
This church appears to be a liberial bastion. According to one of the news reports, this church founded a chapter of the ACLU and has been a sanctuary for illegal aliens. Now, they have their right to do as they please, but tis is a case of the chickens coming home to roost. It was terrible what happened in that church. Anytime a person takes up a firearm to do harm, it is a terrible thing. Bottom line I do not believe this church and its members will do any more to handle security because it would "send the wrong message". They will collectively bleat that the government must do more to proetct them. In fact the radio news hasd a church member talking about the shooter. She kept referring to the guy as "some how disinfranchised from society, has a diconnect with people" and so on. The church member was actually making excuses for the shooter. If that was my church and they asked me, all I would be concerned with is if anyone has a rope.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
This church appears to be a liberial bastion. According to one of the news reports, this church founded a chapter of the ACLU and has been a sanctuary for illegal aliens. Now, they have their right to do as they please, but this is a case of the chickens coming home to roost. It was terrible what happened in that church. Anytime a person takes up a firearm to do harm, it is a terrible thing. Bottom line I do not believe this church and its members will do any more to handle security because it would "send the wrong message". They will collectively bleat that the government must do more to protect them. In fact the radio news Had a church member talking about the shooter. She kept referring to the guy as "some how disenfranchised from society, has a disconnect with people" and so on. The church member was actually making excuses for the shooter. If that was my church and they asked me, all I would be concerned with is if anyone has a rope.

My assessment exactly!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
As of about 1:00 am, a second member that had been shot died, I haven't turned on the idiot box yet to get any further info.
I agree that a church used to be a place of comfort and safety to me as a child and young adult. But now days, I feel like the only safe and comfortable place is my home, with the doors locked and the blinds drawn.
Churches have been a place for illegals and others to hide for years; this still doesn't explain why some one has to go through the doors with guns blasting. I feel horrible for the 25 or so children that were wittness to this tragedy, what is this going to do to them when they are older?
I have never carried a gun into a church, but then again I quit going when the Pastor stopped being a Man of God and became a man for him self. I still believe in God, I still pray, I just cut out the middleman and talk to God directly.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
From the sound of the articles in the newspaper this might become a "Hate Crime!"

That way they get to fry him twice to make the liberals happy. The media loves to invoke this BS term, "HATE CRIME!" What a bunch of crap. The guy is just another deranged killer that snapped and went nuts and attacked whatever was on his personal agenda of hate!

I guess "Hate Crime" is another door to let the Feds become involved in state and local criminal affairs. I bet the local police love them coming into the crime scene and taking control.

It was a horrible crime and I feel for the families.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I don't understand the term "hate crime", it makes no sense to me.
Oh yeah, this guy strolled into the church because he wanted to commit “a love crime”, “an ok crime”; “I am sometime upset crime”?
Ya kill someone, you broke the law, it is a crime to break the law. And yes I am for the death penalty, if someone is caught in the act, or there are say... 199 witnesses that saw him do it. Where is the question?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
They are now saying that the man hated Liberals and that the church was the focus of his anger.

The man must have had a mental problem to resort to violence. Who knows there may be much more to the story.

Liberals always bring a lawsuit and look for someone to sue. I suppose Rush or Savage will be the reason and the target of their legal backlash.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I hate these stories...... Always gives the anti's something to bleat about!
+1. Some nit wit started blasting at one of our community colleges a few days back. Hit 3, killed no one. Yes, it was one of those safe, "Gun Free Zones". Bill T.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
It gives more of a legal edge to blacks when they get the $h!t end of the stick. Bill T.

·
Don't Tread on Me
485 Posts
Yeah this was another terrible happening, another crazy pissed off about things not going his way and couldn't handle it. I don't really like how "hate crime" is used either. It does give a distinction between say some idiot 19 year old breaking into someones house to steal a tv to pawn for crack, and freaking out and killing someone when old man honky rightfully pulls out his 12 gage vs someone like this planning out how and when to kill someone or a group of people. Agreed though that the term is used incorrectly when any sort of minority is a target, whether it be non-caucasians, gay people, people who like gay people..etc. And of course it gives the anti-gun crowd a nice big billboard to create a stereotype of a crazy right wing nutjob gunowner.

In other news, did anyone read about the forest fire started by someone target shooting? I wonder if that too will be an anti-gun slogan. "Only YOU can prevent forest fires...by giving your guns over to the government."

·
Registered
450 Posts
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Hate crime legislation cheapens the life of white males. Suppose a white man kills a black man, obviously it's a hate crime and the punishment is more severe. Murder and hate crime.
Suppose a black man kills a white man, there is no hate crime, because the white man has all the power. The black man goes to prison for murder.
Now, because of prison overcrowding, who will be let out first? The man with the lesser sentence.
Ergo, the life of a white man is worth less than the life of a black man in our justice system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts