National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded some 250 grain cast with 9 grains of CFE pistol. Very nice load. Gave it some thump lol. Approximately 150 fps over store bought ammo. But within safe pressures for the gun. According to the lee manuel.

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they were for standard 45 colt. There is a seperate section for ruger and thompson contender. Max load was listed at 9.2 13000 psi.

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Live Free
3,500 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk + .45 Colt = lots of fun! .45 Colt is pretty impressive in some modern revolvers, especially Blackhawks.

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im thinking about getting a Ruger blackhawk in 45 colt down the road. Or a 454 casull. Then i can crank em up lol. Im just not sure on the recoil of the 454 casull. I see the 454 casull from Ruger can shoot 45 colt too.

·
Live Free
3,500 Posts
.454 is quite a handful. I sold mine some years back because I just don’t enjoy that much recoil any more. Had a lot of fun with it for a while though. Took an Elk in New Mexico with it.

·
Aim true !
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is my fear. 44 mag loaded hot is enough for me. Maybe ill get to shoot one sometime. But with my arthritis probably not a good idea though. That is awesome on the elk kill with a handgun. :thumbsup:

·
Live Free
3,500 Posts
.44 mag in a rifle hurts my shoulder in my old age
I do not think I could handle it in a handgun.
But it does sound like fun.
I was a big bore revolver fanatic when I was younger. Recoil junky! Lots of fun and definitely get your attention. For a few years I was using at least a pound of H110 every month to keep the guns fed, sometimes quite a bit more. I am a little more subtle nowadays.:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts