National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when people began to slow down from getting the Faulk ouchie, the came up with the “Delta Variant”. “ you need the vaccine to ward off the Delta variant”. When the vaccine numbers were still flat, they had to come up with a better way to scare you into gettting it. “We need to shut down again”. “We’re going to go back to masking if people don’t get the vaccine”.
Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?

·
Registered
14,894 Posts
I'm sure none of this has anything to do with the flood of illegals crossing our borders..

·
Super Moderator
14,861 Posts
I've been Covid free for a year and a half now, and vaccine free for longer than that. I feel fine and last I checked, still not dead...

Alan

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm not concerned about COVID, I have a MAN COLD! It's worse than the plague. Why isn't Fauci doing something about this! My wife doesn't understand...

·
Super Moderator
12,621 Posts
Been thinking this for a while.

If they don't close up again completely like they did before, they'll do it regionally.

--Wag--

·
AZHerper
4,706 Posts
So when people began to slow down from getting the Faulk ouchie, the came up with the “Delta Variant”. “ you need the vaccine to ward off the Delta variant”. When the vaccine numbers were still flat, they had to come up with a better way to scare you into gettting it. “We need to shut down again”. “We’re going to go back to masking if people don’t get the vaccine”.
Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?
It's way beyond "fishy".

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Those in power must keep the panic going. If they don't it will give people a chance to stop and think about the last eighteen months. If that happens those in power are in dire peril.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what it's worth, Covid is spiking in my area in Missouri.
Back in May, local hospitals were seeing about 14 cases a day. As of this week, it's closer to 400 a day.
Emergency rooms are filled, the Covid wards are filled as well and patients are being sent to satellite hospitals.
The hospitals have run out of respirators.
95% of the cases are people who haven't been vaccinated.
On a personal note, I know a dozen people who have gotten Covid.
Three died. A close friend spent a month in the hospital last year, over Christmas and New Year.
She did recover, but has permanent lung damage. Not to good for a 70 year old.
I have two nephews who also had Covid. Both now have permanent lung damage.
Needless to say I take it very seriously.
But I to believe very little what the government tells us. They lie and the media backs them up.
I'll keep my distance, wear my mask and use common sense.
The government doesn't need to tell me to do so.
They can tell me their story but I'll just rely on the facts.

·
Super Moderator
14,861 Posts
Covid or no Covid I'll say that I'm a huge fan of Social Distancing. I don't wear a mask but I have a chronic cough that I've had all of my adult life and it sure comes in handy right now for the Social Distancing thing. I also enjoy that when I go out to eat that all the food prep people are wearing masks. I like that. So for my part SD can stay and food preppers can keep on masking.

And,

I've got antibodies! Better than a vaccine!

Alan

·
AZHerper
4,706 Posts
Covid or no Covid I'll say that I'm a huge fan of Social Distancing. I don't wear a mask but I have a chronic cough that I've had all of my adult life and it sure comes in handy right now for the Social Distancing thing. I also enjoy that when I go out to eat that all the food prep people are wearing masks. I like that. So for my part SD can stay and food preppers can keep on masking.

And,

I've got antibodies! Better than a vaccine!

Alan
Love those antibodies! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as precautions go, this last winter was the first time in decades that I didn't get a cold or flu.
Washing hands, social distancing and wearing masks were the things I did differently.
And the good friend I mentioned that spent a month in the hospital....she's 70's.
Her husband is 80 and he also got Covid. He had almost no symptoms, just a little fatigue.

·
Aim true !
11,954 Posts
I asked my G.P when we can ditch the mask at the office. She said when cases slow down after this new variant came out. One good thing is our area has reached 70% vaccinated. The Pain Doc where i get my nerve blocks. Is letting his vaccinated patents go mask free.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I woke up this Saturday morning and couldn't see. This is the usual state of affairs. I found my glasses, put them on and still couldn't see. This is oudside of normal. Went to the kitchen, bumbled around, and made coffee. Two cups later I still coiuldn't see and my eyes really hurt so I called my eye doc. When I told him what was happening he got excited and told me to meet him at the clinic. Got a ride to the clinic. He looked in my eyes and took me to the VA ER (20 miles away). He told the ER docs what tests he wanted run and off I went, riding in a wheelchair. Did a whole bunch of tests. I know one was a MRI. Got back to the ER and they knocked me out. Supposedly some sort of procedure was done. I was punch drunk from the knock-out drug but he said something about releiving pressure from behind my eyes. Got a ride home and slept for several hours. Woke up and I could see a little better. Sight is almost back to normal but my eyes still hurt. I check back in at the clinic Monday morning.

All of this is to say, the entire time I was at the VA hospital on a Saturday, I noticed no one wearing a mask. I couldn't see real well but I could see all the people running tests and the docs. Go figure.

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
14,894 Posts
I woke up this Saturday morning and couldn't see. This is the usual state of affairs. I found my glasses, put them on and still couldn't see. This is oudside of normal. Went to the kitchen, bumbled around, and made coffee. Two cups later I still coiuldn't see and my eyes really hurt so I called my eye doc. When I told him what was happening he got excited and told me to meet him at the clinic. Got a ride to the clinic. He looked in my eyes and took me to the VA ER (20 miles away). He told the ER docs what tests he wanted run and off I went, riding in a wheelchair. Did a whole bunch of tests. I know one was a MRI. Got back to the ER and they knocked me out. Supposedly some sort of procedure was done. I was punch drunk from the knock-out drug but he said something about releiving pressure from behind my eyes. Got a ride home and slept for several hours. Woke up and I could see a little better. Sight is almost back to normal but my eyes still hurt. I check back in at the clinic Monday morning.

All of this is to say, the entire time I was at the VA hospital on a Saturday, I noticed no one wearing a mask. I couldn't see real well but I could see all the people running tests and the docs. Go figure.
Glad to hear you're doing better. Do you have glaucoma? My wife has it and has to take some sort of drops that keep the pressure down. I think she has something else besides glaucoma and is also legally blind. She was born that way and is also deaf but not 100%. Without her hearing aids you would have to shout right into her ear.

·
AZHerper
4,706 Posts
I'm also glad that you're doing better. Sounds like you have a good opthalmologist. Between him and the VA you should be in good hands.

·
Aim true !
11,954 Posts
Hope you continue to recover and it stays under control. That sure would be a scary thing to wake up to.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,792 Posts
My neighbors have all had it. They are either here or I’m there at least 4 days a week. If it’s as contagious as they’ve made it out to be, there’s no chance I haven’t had it yet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts