National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i got done shopping this morning i was sitting here thinking about what to do today. Had some plans for yard work or minor outside house repairs but decided it was too cold for work but not play. Messaged my shooting buddy and he was game so we hit the range. Brought the Henry 45 colt and rossi circuit judge because i had some 45 colt and 410 ammo sitting on my bench that wouldnt fit in the ammo cans. Grabbed the baby eagle 45acp and a AR to try out the new stupidnycompliantfixedmagcontraption. It works but not a big fan. Takes a bit to figure out how to load it right so it won't jam. Felt good to get out of the house other than work and food shopping....Social distancing at 7, 40 and 200yds. Scrounged a bunch fo brass and lead too, always a plus!

Floor Wood Automotive exterior Hardwood Flooring

Iron Shadow Metal Wood Handrail

· Aim true !
14,170 Posts
Awesome! My son and i did some shooting too. Took the 45 acp's out. And ran some 45 colt i loaded with cfe pistol. Chronographed the rounds. It was getting an average of 700 fps 9 grains of powder. And that is around 200 fps slower than the data states. The 45 acp i loaded with 6 grains of cfe and they were in the upper 800's. Where it should be with that load. And i gave the stevens 320 a workout.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we went out again today and had a third guy go with us. We had quite the pile of guns and a lot of fun! Brought my K-31, Sharps 45-70, Browning 22 mag, Bersa thunder and Ruger SR-22. Finally got a load my sharps really likes. K-31 never disapoints, those Swiss make great guns! Bersa and 22 mag were fun. Brought a bulk box of Winchester .22's and the Ruger didn't like them I could go through several mags with no problems and then have several mags of the slide not going back far enough to grab the next round. Next time i'll have to use the Federal bulk or mini mags as it eats those nicely. Here are the pile of guns we had short a few rifles, the rack wasn't big enough for the all.

Reactions: deputy

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is some rapid fire with the Sharps...Well about as rapid as you can get with a hammer fired breech loading rifle with a set trigger. 500 grains sure does rock that plate!

· Registered
6,726 Posts
what is that snub-auto in the lower center?.....a high standard that has been pruned a tad?

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Always good to be on the range. I did some yard work but I’m thinking of hitting the range myself.
Went to Lowe's and bought some veggies and herbs to get planted in my garden area.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to Lowe's and bought some veggies and herbs to get planted in my garden area.

Isnt that illegal right now?

Deputy that's one of my buddy's guns. Pretty sure it's a Sterling.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Isnt that illegal right now?

Deputy that's one of my buddy's guns. Pretty sure it's a Sterling.
Not in Florida - fully open; most folks had masks, many did not; every hardware store, lumber yard, etc are open as are Sam's and Costco, liquor stores, gun ranges and gun stores

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We still have many stores open here in NY too that are considered essential. I haven't been to lowes yet to see how things have changed but i do need to go there soon. I pick up cans at several other regular type lumber yards and from what i see they don't allow people in the yard area. It looks like you buy what you want and they go get it and bring it to you at the gate. I bet they get rid of a lot more of the twisted and cracked lumber that way too!

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.