National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
11,000 deaths, out of 350,000,000. And they say "everyone will know someone that has died from corona virus". I'm not a mathematician, but I think we're a long ways from 1 out of 100 people dying from corona, which I guess is what would need to happen for EVERYONE to know someone that dies from corona. These people are nuts.
I think it will be more like the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I have seen two friends on facebook post they had friends and coworkers die from this in the past two days. Of course this is in NY where the most cases are. people in say Wyoming probably won't know of anyone at all.

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Social media "friends'? Well, I'm not on fb so I don't have 20 million friends, so I doubt I will know anyone, just friend of a friend of a friend, or a fb friend.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Social media "friends'? Well, I'm not on fb so I don't have 20 million friends, so I doubt I will know anyone, just friend of a friend of a friend, or a fb friend.

No. One is a girl i worked with 30 years ago and the other was a guy i know from him being a customer in my dads shop. I don't just friend anyone. I either know you or you are a very good friend of a friend usually with similar political views or they are gun nuts. More often than not i have met them at least once.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I know 3 people who have recovered and one friends sister (64 yr old) died from it. It’s pretty bad around here. I’ve shut down my work because I simply can’t work by myself. I’ll catch up on some home projects for now.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nobody here, or anywhere, is in denial. The virus is real. That isn't the problem.
Here is the problem. Are we getting YOUR truth based on fear? Or THE truth based on facts?
Watch the news. Even the experts, one they are competing to see who can convince the most people of THEIR truth, not THE truth. All the models for probable deaths use tested numbers. When the experts are saying that as much as 80% of positives will never know they have it. Tested numbers are only about 1/5th of those that will get it. That means the death toll will be far lower than predicted. Why?
They are not reporting raw numbers they have, or should have, to calm a panic but instead are FUELING a panic. Again, why?
And every day, there are those calling for more strict controls against our rights. WHY?
Personally, I am not liking the answers I can come up with.
And all you want to do is make excuses?
We want proof? Facts?
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was this;
Be an asker of questions, a seeker of answers. When you are given an answer, question even that. No truth is absolute.
And yes, I question even myself?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
lets recap this conversation

You: I want to see number comparisons to compare rates of death

Me: it’ll take 1-2 years

you: no it won’t

Me: provided a statement from the CDC

you: they’re lying

Me: it takes that long no matter how many times you say it

you: bull

me: take it up with the CDC

you: no more excuses? I built computers, blah blah

me: sparky, I have first hand knowledge of data flows

you: insulted, wild tangent about government employees

me: never been a government employee, I give up, your in denial

you: I’m not in denial, your truth... more excuses, no proof

me: the report on deaths for 2018 was published 2020. It took a year to collect and digest that information. Let’s end the conversation.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ziggidy, we are all good brother. The original statement was about VAP. Thanks for clarifying. Hospital transmission is a real issue, my little sister has a tube in her head from hospital acquired spinal meningitis she got as an infant. I don’t disagree with that.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.