National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Jesus Saves
7,805 Posts
Where are you getting your information from? I’m trying to follow your logic but it makes little sense. If you are already in the hospital on a ventilator, how did you get covid-19? Covid patients are isolated. If you are on a ventilator you are not breathing unfiltered air. How do you determine if a patient on a ventilator has symptoms? Pretty sure they didn’t get a lung X-ray, and you wouldn’t know if they had breathing problems. Pretty sure if you were compromised enough to be on a ventilator, covid would have killed you faster.

Where did 121 deaths a day from Covid-19 come from? 1165 were recorded yesterday in the US alone. The vast majority of deaths are in isolated clusters, most of the 7800 number you referenced has had little impact from Covid-19. If you tested positive for Covid and got counted, it’s a sharp improvement over how the flu is estimated, you don’t even have to test positive for the flu to be counted, that comes from the C.D.C. themselves.
The same way hospital aquired pneumonia occurs to patients on a vent; contamination. Cross contamination is actually measured to some extent within hospitals and reported....or they are supposed to be. Good hygiene prevents cross contamination. Any hospital that had a pre-corona intubated patient on a vent that obtained the virus is 99.9% due to staff and or visitors.

·
Registered
544 Posts
2018 total deaths per day according to the CDC was appr. 7800 per day from all causes.
2018 was up almost 26,000 from 2017.
My question: what is the difference between the average expected death rate so far this year and previous years factoring in the percentage increase for this year?
The expected death rate means no increase.
If 1000/day are dieing OF covid the death rate will be significantly higher than expected.
How many people are dieing of ALL causes right now? That is the number that will tell us EXACTLY how bad this virus really is. Or if we are doing all of this essentially for no reason but fear.
The way covid deaths are being reported by CDC guidelines artificially inflate the numbers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017.*

The above is taken by copy and paste from a CDC report.
Google CDC mortality rate 2018.

Mods,,,if that is a violation of forum rules I do apologize and I agree with deleting the post. It is from a government report and should not be copywrited.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I keep seeing died by "covid-19 complication". So was their poor condition complicated by the virus? Would the generic flu have killed them too? Or was a virus infection complicated more by introducing a bullet? It's a numbers game.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Exactly my point.
What are the overall numbers? For some reason, that is ONE thing they don't want give out and the only one of few that really matters.
Is the death rate higher than expected or not? If so, how much higher? What demographic?
Is it really worth ruining the world economy over?
I'm 63. With bad lungs and heart. I am going to die sooner than later anyway. My biggest concern is not getting everyday I can. My kids will pay the consequences for this long after I am gone.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I was just watching the daily update by Trump and the experts. The reporters are ask questions and all looking for that “ gotcha” moment. Trump has had about enough of this bull. He is a much more patient than I am and he does smack back sometimes.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I loved how he went after Jon. I'm disappointed in Kristen Fisher. She attacked him, I thought she was on our side. The IG she was referring to was an obama appointee, so it was wrong at the start. I'm a big fan of hers, she's beautiful, but that was a disappointment.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
The same way hospital aquired pneumonia occurs to patients on a vent; contamination. Cross contamination is actually measured to some extent within hospitals and reported....or they are supposed to be. Good hygiene prevents cross contamination. Any hospital that had a pre-corona intubated patient on a vent that obtained the virus is 99.9% due to staff and or visitors.
Yep, and there are LOTS of rumors of folks' deaths being classified as Covid when they were dying from something else; more political BS? Who knows

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
2018 total deaths per day according to the CDC was appr. 7800 per day from all causes.
2018 was up almost 26,000 from 2017.
My question: what is the difference between the average expected death rate so far this year and previous years factoring in the percentage increase for this year?
The expected death rate means no increase.
If 1000/day are dieing OF covid the death rate will be significantly higher than expected.
How many people are dieing of ALL causes right now? That is the number that will tell us EXACTLY how bad this virus really is. Or if we are doing all of this essentially for no reason but fear.
The way covid deaths are being reported by CDC guidelines artificially inflate the numbers.

I got ya. I’m not sure the numbers are artificially inflated as much as you think. The scrounging for ventilators is evidence that the impact is far greater than anything we’ve seen yet. The truth is, if you end up on a ventilator, you’ll be on there for 2-3 weeks on average if you survive. The risk to those already on ventilators is very small. That doesn’t mean that someone coming into the ER that requires it for another reason won’t get infected in the waiting room or from a doctor or nurse assessing them or tubing them. If they die and are infected, yes they will get counted but I would think the amount of number fluff would be minimal. There are a little under 340,000 closed cases with a death rate of just over 1 in 5. Chances are probably pretty good that if you needed a ventilator for a different reason and got infected during your assessment and care, covid probably will kill you.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Exactly my point.
What are the overall numbers? For some reason, that is ONE thing they don't want give out and the only one of few that really matters.
Is the death rate higher than expected or not? If so, how much higher? What demographic?
Is it really worth ruining the world economy over?
I'm 63. With bad lungs and heart. I am going to die sooner than later anyway. My biggest concern is not getting everyday I can. My kids will pay the consequences for this long after I am gone.

You wont know the true numbers for 2 years. That’s how long the C.D.C. says it takes to receive and process the information.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Most ventilator associated pneumonia is caused by bacteria already in the mouth and stomach pooling up in the lungs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You wont know the true numbers for 2 years. That’s how long the C.D.C. says it takes to receive and process the information.
"They"are either lying to you or lying to us.
A: They already have the numbers out for 2018. They have been out but I am not sure what date.
B: if it takes them 1-2 years to figure the stats, where are they getting the ones they are reporting?
Something is NOT adding up. I have great respect for almost everyone on the forum, but I ain't stupid. If they have the numbers for covid, they have the numbers for overall deaths as well. That number does not take 1-2 years to get that information, just to break it down to make 300 different reports from.
How may are dieing total vs the number of reported deaths.
Having those numbers are required for real time tracking of any epidemic such as the Flu each year to adjust their current response.
Don't tell me they don't have those numbers, or at least close. I am not that gullible.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
"They"are either lying to you or lying to us.
A: They already have the numbers out for 2018. They have been out but I am not sure what date.
B: if it takes them 1-2 years to figure the stats, where are they getting the ones they are reporting?
Something is NOT adding up. I have great respect for almost everyone on the forum, but I ain't stupid. If they have the numbers for covid, they have the numbers for overall deaths as well. That number does not take 1-2 years to get that information, just to break it down to make 300 different reports from.
How may are dieing total vs the number of reported deaths.
Having those numbers are required for real time tracking of any epidemic such as the Flu each year to adjust their current response.
Don't tell me they don't have those numbers, or at least close. I am not that gullible.

“They” aren’t lying to anyone. Understand how death estimates are done. Per the CDC on Flu estimates:

“Data needed to estimate influenza-associated deaths may lag for up to two years after the season ends. When this is not yet available for the season being estimated, we adjust based on values observed in prior seasons (e.g., the 2010-2011 season through the 2016-2017 season) and update the estimates when more current data become available.”

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
It would be a good idea to get a solid understanding of how much smoke the CDC blows up your wazzu...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/how-cdc-estimates.htm

When you understand how their estimates are done, you will be able to understand why confirmed case data is so important. The CDC will blow the estimated numbers out of comprehension when this is over and there will be more speculation involved than data to back it up.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Except too many deaths being labeled Covid are not; they're related to folks with age and respiratory illness

·
Registered
544 Posts
You are taking about a singular illness. I am talking " how many death certificates have been filed this week?".
If they have the numbers for covid, they have or can get the other.
If hospitals have the info on covid deaths, they also have the info on the total number of people that died. Period. 2 simple questions 1 report.
How many people died in the hospitals in your county this week?
How many died of covid-19 related problems?
Hit send button. If the can report 1 number, the other doesn't take a math wiz.
You keep dancing around the question.
I don't care how old, ethnicity, who was shot, who jumped off a roof, or who died in a car wreck.
One simple question that every county health dept and county clerk in the U.S. should have fairly quickly.
How many deaths total do you have for your county this year?
It does not take 2 years for anyone to answer that question.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Here’s your “flu data” from the C.D.C. notice the 2017-2018 numbers still aren’t finalized. It’s nothing more than speculation.

E3E726AF-5F4C-4E4F-A47E-00E9A1DD9346.png

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I’m sorry but it does take that long. You can say it makes no sense all you want but there is no reason any particular death certificate takes precedent over another. To think that does happen is nonsense. The only reason we have Covid data available now is because of this pandemic. When it’s over, it will take a couple years for the data to be collected and estimates done.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.