National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Associated Press
Advertisement

MINNEAPOLIS -- Two officers who raided the wrong house during an investigation were shot at and returned fire, but no one was injured, a police spokesman said.

Family members said the shooter, the father of six, was frightened by the intruders early Sunday and fired through a closed bedroom door after first firing a warning shot.

The SWAT team's erroneous search was part of an ongoing investigation, the police department said in a news release. Police said they had received bad information before executing the search warrant.

``It was some bad information that was received on the front end and it's unfortunate because we have officers that were hit by gunfire and this truly, truly could have been a much worse situation,'' said Sgt. Jesse Garcia.

Family members living in the house said they were upstairs when they heard someone bust through their back door. They said Vang Khang grabbed his hunting gun to protect himself, his wife and his six children.

``He thought they were gang members and he was scared,'' said Vang's brother, Dao Khang. Dao Khang said Vang fired a warning shot, and then two more shots through his closed bedroom door.

The bullets hit two officers, but they weren't injured. Police said bulletproof vests and helmets saved the officers from harm.

Several officers returned fire but no one in the house was injured, the department said. The man suspected of firing the shots was taken into custody, police said. He was later released, and a decision on whether to charge him was pending.

``All these gunshots in the house,'' Dao Khang said. ``They don't know what's going on. Flying bullets in the house and they just cried.''

The officers, who weren't identified, were placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated, which is standard procedure. The officers said they identified themselves as police. Garcia said a language barrier may have created the misunderstanding.

Vang's family said he and his children, who range in age from 3 to 15, are still shaken.

WOW......

·
Registered
367 Posts
"He thought they were gang members and was scared".
He was right!
What ever happened to announcing your presence POLICE OPEN THE DOOR!
What happened was unfortunate sure, but SWAT Teams are ill-trained
para-military groups manned by over zealous individuals who sign up for
such duty with the hope of maybe having the chance to shoot someone.
Police should use more tact and less force. Remember the incident of
Ruby Ridge, that was an FBI tactical team's doing.
Police said they identified themselves, I would say that too if I suddenly
realized I had just "had sexual intercourse on an assending slope."

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Oh yes the jackboots of your local law enforcement. They are so highly trained and skilled they can't even get the address right. I read some where that when a man covers his face he must be ashamed of what he is doing. I have noticed that our local jackboots, and federal ninja's all hid their faces. There's another bunch that does too, the Towelheads. :evil:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
We had a similar situation here several yrs ago and 3 tribal officers were killed. Seems a tactical entry vest won't stop a 7.62.39 bullet at under ten feet. The remaining cops roughed up the shooter (read that "beat the ...crap" out of him), but there were NO charges. The cops screwed up and it cost them 3 of their own.

I'm not making a judgement, but I know that in several jobs I have had, one mistake could cost me my life and in other jobs one mistake could cost millions of dollars. I took those jobs knowing the price.

The people living in the Minnesota house were minding their own business when some idiots dressed as cops stormed their lawful residence as did the Tribal Member here in NM, years ago. There was another situation in California not too long ago, where a couple was killed in their bed by a SWAT-person who couldn't read an address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts